Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
Upwork is looking for a Sales Financial Analyst to join its finance team and have immediate impact and help make sound financial decisions. This position reports into the Director of Sales Finance and will provide sales compensation and sales analytical support for the organization. Your work will include but is not limited to tracking performance measurements, commission payout, partnering with HR and Director of Sales Finance on compensation plan design, calculate and communicate sales quotas, and track key sales KPIs.
You are a highly motivated teammate, have excellent attention to detail, can work cross functionally in a team environment, as well as independently. Candidates will be required to have excellent Excel modeling and data manipulation skills. The person will partner with finance, sales operations, human resources and sales..
- Provide analytical support for sales quota attainment, sales compensation, and headcount planning.
- Prepare, calculate, forecast and analyze monthly and quarterly commissions for Upwork’s sales teams
- Configure and administer incentive compensation plans and reporting in Anaplan. Onboard new hires into the system. Validate Anaplan-derived payment results during period close
- Implement reporting, controls, and processes to ensure accuracy and efficiency of administration
What it takes to catch our eye:
- 2+ years of experience in a finance or analytical related role
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Modeling, reporting and presentation skills (Excel and G-suite)
- Self starter that adapts well to change in a fast paced environment
- Ability to think creatively and has high standard of accuracy and precision
How to really knock our socks off:
- Prior experience with Anaplan, Salesforce.com, or Domo
- Experience in M&A integration
- Understanding or experience in a marketplace or escrow environment
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We’re a remote-first organization supported by offices in Santa Clara and Chicago, working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We build amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.