About New England Flour Corp:
New England Flour Corporation is a bulk flour supplier specializing in wheat products. We have been supplying North America’s leading food manufacturers, bakeries, and wholesale distributors for over 100 years. Our core focus is on the production of flours and ingredients that exceed expectation in quality, consistency, taste and cost. With offices in both New York and Florida, we provide quality products and services to the bakery industry internationally.
New England Flour excels in streamlining supply chain processes through its innovative inventory and delivery systems so that our product is readily available and accessible for expedited delivery. This system promotes consistency in supply and product conformity. We have stringent quality controls in place that are maintained from the sourcing of raw product all the way through to final product delivery.
New England Flour’s International Division, based in Boca Raton, FL, imports and distributes a variety of ingredients to the baking, confectionery and wheat milling industries.
New England Flour is looking for passionate, driven individuals looking to expand their business prowess and explore a career in sales and client relationships. Working closely with our impassioned team, you will find an experience poised to be rewarding on a professional and personal level. This opportunity could be your first stop on a long career path that offers tremendous growth potential in a thriving industry. This opportunity will expose you to international business, supply chain management, logistics, pricing algorithms and more.
Many of our entry-level sales hires started as interns. They displayed great promise and desire to pursue a career in food commodities and to grow with & contribute to our ongoing success. Stand out candidates that produce results and exhibit these qualities may be extended full-time roles at the completion of the internship program.
To Be Successful In This Role, You Possess The Following Qualities & Skills:
- Good Communication
- Team Player
- Well Organized
- Adequate Time-Management
- Active Listener
- Experienced in Microsoft Excel & Word
- Contact leads distributed to you by our sales supervisor
- Discover new leads through various means such as the internet, magazines, books, etc.
- Build your own book of business from above mentioned leads
- Provide weekly reports to sales supervisor on progress from leads list
- Come ready every day with a positive attitude, eager to learn and make an impact
- Professional & Industry Experience: In this role you will be learning about our business, products, supply chain, industry and more. You will be connected daily with most departments within the company. This will provide an understanding of the importance each department plays and how their work contributes to the overall success of our company.
- Sales Strategy: Working closely with our experienced sales staff, we will assist you in developing the tools necessary to be successful in a sales related role.
- Importance of Culture: A big part of any companies’ success is the established work culture and overall attitude of the company. At New England Flour we strive to push each other to succeed in a hungry, positive and passionate environment. In this opportunity, you will learn first hand how crucial the role of positive culture plays in achieving short term and long term company success.
This opportunity is for the spring semester 2021. The opportunity will start in January and go until April.
Job Type: Internship
Pay: $0.00 per year
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Boca Raton, FL 33487 (Required)
Other jobs you may like
- Candidate should be either; a Senior standing slated to graduate this school year OR a Junior looking to maintain a full time role while finishing up their related degree
- Candidate will have a personality that allows you to easily build strong client relationships
- Candidate should be an aggressive self-starter with the ability to think on their feet
- The selected candidate will have a degree focus associated to Sentinel’s business plan
- The candidate must have a car, as this position will require travel between customer locations
- A valid driver’s license and proof of vehicle insurance will be required
Legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
- Must demonstrate a “can-do” attitude
What you get:
We offer an energetic work environment with many corporate culture amenities, competitive pay rate, employer portion of Soc. Security/Medicare paid, medical benefits, 401K retirement savings, discounts for local event entertainment and health clubs.
MOTIVATED…..make IT happen!
As part of Sentinel’s employment process, candidates will be required to complete a background check. Only those who meet the minimum requirements will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Sentinel is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, genetics, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance in applying for a position, please contact [email protected]