All Lowe’s associates deliver quality customer service while maintaining a store that is clean, safe, and stocked with the products our customers need. As a Sales Specialist ProServices, this means:
- Being friendly and professional, eager to understand the customer’s specific needs in order to pair the best products and service offerings in support of their project.
- Ensuring displayed merchandise reflects our high standards of showroom readiness, operates as intended during demonstrations, and is up to date, accurately mirroring the manufacturers current product offering.
- Engaging in safe work practices including the proper operation of store equipment.
The Sales Specialist ProServices serves as an expert, explaining the specifications and features of a product or service to existing or potential customers, with the goal of closing a sale. This associate provides exceptional consultative services to customers and confirms their needs are met before leaving the store. The Sales Specialist ProServices is also responsible for executing orders and projects in their area of focus.
Travel Requirements: This role does not require regular travel; however, this role may need to travel on occasion to meetings, trainings, or to support neighboring stores.
What We’re Looking For
- Hourly Full Time: Generally scheduled 39 to 40 hours per week, respectively; more hours may be required based on the needs of the store.
- Requires morning, afternoon and evening availability any day of the week.
- Physical ability to perform tasks that may require prolonged standing, sitting, and other activities necessary to perform job duties.
- Minimally must be able to lift 25 pounds without assistance; may lift over 25 pounds with or without assistance.
What You Need To Succeed
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 1 year of external experience in customer facing sales OR 6 months Lowe’s retail experience.
- 1 year of sales experience in building and maintenance, building and maintenance supply, construction, trades, or maintenance repair operations (MRO), identifying and selling products based on customer needs, including credit cards, installations, add-on sales, and explaining warranties, product features, and benefits.
- 1 year of building and maintenance, building and maintenance supply, construction, trades, or maintenance repair operations (MRO) experience providing customer service, including identifying and resolving customer issues, assisting customers in locating product, greeting customers, answering phones, building relationships with customers, and thanking customers for their business.
- 1 year of experience entering and submitting customer sales orders, including Special Order Sales.
- 2 years of experience identifying and selling products based upon customer needs or plans.
- 2 years of experience in providing customer service including identifying and resolving customer complaints, greeting customers, answering phones, building relationships with customers, and thanking customers for their business.
- 2 years of experience following up on outstanding or incomplete customer orders, sales, or installs.
- 1 year of experience promoting product related services and plans such as installation, delivery, credit financing, or extended protection plans.
- 2 years of experience in a sales environment with required sales goals or metrics.
- 1 year of employment with Lowe’s as a Sales Specialist.
- 2 years of experience in a trade directly related to commercial sales.
- 2 years of business-to-business sales experience.
If the state or local municipality requires a salesperson license for this position, you must either be licensed or pass the requisite licensing exam within sixty (60) days of starting employment in this position.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
New or Coming Soon Useful Entrepreneurship Books
An Entrepreneur’s Guide To The Sales & Marketing Universe: A Step-By-Step Guide To Organic Marketing
Secret strategies revealed on how to generate high quality leads efficiently and effectively.
But leads, no matter how good, are pretty much useless without the skills necessary to convert them into paying customers. What is the repeatable and scientific approach to take in sales to make sure you are maximizing your chances at landing closed deals?
Breaking Through The Wall: A Financial Advisor’s Guide to Grow, Scale, and Monetize Your Business for Millions
Many financial advisors out there are facing a wall. They’re generating $1-3 million in revenue; they’re managing all the households they can; they have little time to spend with their own families. They feel like they’re playing chief marketing officer, chief investment officer, CEO, CFO, chief compliance officer, and the chief technology officer all at once. There just aren’t enough hours in the day.
Entrepreneurial Marketing and International New Ventures: Antecedents, Elements and Outcomes (Routledge Studies in Entrepreneurship)
The book investigates the entrepreneurial marketing (EM) concept within the broader discipline of international entrepreneurship. The analysis of this concept, and designing a model of EM antecedents, elements, and outcomes that was tested on the basis of empirical studies covering companies from three European countries, explores and develops the field of international marketing and entrepreneurship.
From the cofounder of Square, an inspiring and entertaining account of what it means to be a true entrepreneur and what it takes to build a resilient, world-changing company.
If today’s brands want to succeed, they have to be in the conversation, and influencers make that happen. The Age of Influence is an essential guide for marketing professionals and business owners who want to create and implement a highly effective and sustainable influencer marketing plan.
We are in the midst of an unprecedented digital transformation and tapping into this change is vital to any brand in today’s climate. Social media has democratized authority and influence, and information is created and consumed in ways that are constantly evolving.
12 Months to $1 Million: How to Pick a Winning Product, Build a Real Business, and Become a Seven-Figure Entrepreneur
Your road map to a seven-figure business . . . in one year or less
By cutting out the noise and providing a clear and proven plan, this roadmap helps even brand-new entrepreneurs make decisions quickly, get their product up for sale, and launch it to a crowd that is ready and waiting to buy.
This is a book to help you acquire the mind-set to riches.
It’s about creating a way of living where you aren’t controlled by fear, inertia, or poverty. You, instead, are motivated by creative, positive action, and an open mind that is ready to receive prosperity in every area of your life. Here are the time-tested principles used by the self-made millionaires and billionaires to create lives beyond their wildest imaginations. Here are the time-tested principles that will help you tap into your inner reserves and knowledge you never knew you had. These writings—compact, powerful, practical—are ready to help you find solutions, discover new ideas, and make fresh starts on your road to riches!
This book is a compilation of successful habits that the author has learned in his career. I would even saythat this book is a manual of lessons for entry-level, junior manager, and even executives. It offers tips from the expert on medical device sales, as well as fundamental knowledge for any employee. As you read through the sincere yet passionate advice from the author on work strategy to a personal relationship, you will start to gain an overview of the the direction of your path. The vital key to success includes extreme self-discipline and a genuine passion for work.
Mentor-Made Millionaire is an insightful, thought-provoking dissection of what it takes to be a success in today’s money-centric society. It is designed to appeal to individuals on the path to success, managers, and business owners.
These days, we see the well-worn phrase ‘self-made millionaire’ practically everywhere. While Dr. Chad Shannon does not set out in Mentor-Made Millionaire to diminish the hard work put in by those remarkable individuals who achieve this accolade, his aim is to make the reader realize that not one of them could possibly have accomplished that aspirational status all by themselves.
Startups constantly face the challenge of how to make an impact given their initial small size and limited resources. Nine out of ten startups fail and more than fifty percent do not reach past the five-year mark. The few that do manage to survive can quickly find themselves swamped in the oversaturated market, unable to make any decent progress. So how can they establish themselves among their immediate competitors, let alone defeat larger, more established companies? Is the story of David and Goliath still relevant in the modern business world?
Research, Innovation and Entrepreneurship in Saudi Arabia: Vision 2030 (Routledge Studies in Innovation, Organizations and Technology)
This book provides valuable insights into the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) through a comprehensive examination of Vision 2030, an ambitious economic plan by the KSA to reinvent and diversify its economy from a heavy dependence on hydrocarbon to knowledge-based resources.
Research, Innovation and Entrepreneurship in Saudi Arabia: Vision 2030 discusses how this initiative will assist the government in achieving its envisioned goals by creating a culture of research, innovation and entrepreneurship. It studies the current state of the field as well as new policies and reforms in Saudi Arabia which encompass education systems, ICT infrastructure and a vibrant innovation landscape that includes academia, the public and private sectors and civil society.