School Psychologist Intern
Posted on: September 16th 2020 at 10:00am
Closes on: September 21st 2020 at 10:00am
This position will be under the direct supervision of the School Psychologist.
Education & Experience:
- Enrolled in a Master’s Degree in School Psychology or Educational Psychology
- Teaching certificate an asset
- Qualified to administer Level C testing, with clinical supervision
- Exemplary problem solving and communication skills
- Appropriate coursework in Child Development, Developmental Disabilities, Learning Disabilities and assessment required
- Demonstrated understanding of Ministry Designation categories and guidelines
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to administer and interpret diagnostic tests
- Demonstrated knowledge of elementary, middle and secondary context preferred
- Demonstrated effective organizational skills and ability to complete multiple assessment reports by pre-determined deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work with school based and integrated teams in a consulting role
- Skilled in written and oral interpersonal communications
- Knowledge of Competency based IEPs is an asset
Abbotsford School District teachers consistently demonstrate skills essential for student learning. Our Teaching Proficiencies serve as the foundation for our hiring competencies and growth plans.
- Communication & Interpersonal Skills: Ability to consider and respond appropriately to the needs, feelings and capabilities of others in a tactful, compassionate and respectful manner.
- Organization & Planning: Ability to plan and organize for effective instruction, differentiation and assessment.
- Classroom Management: Create and maintain an optimal learning environment for each student while managing student behavior and classroom dynamics.
- Facilitation & Engagement: Ability to capture and maintain students’ interest, effort, participation and enthusiasm for both the content and the process of learning.
- Assessment & Coaching: Utilize balanced assessment and feedback to improve student learning including the use of formative and summative assessment strategies.
- Collaboration & Teamwork: Collaborate with others to achieve group goals and objectives.
- Caring & Inclusiveness: Create and maintain an environment that is caring, inclusive and supportive of all students.
- Flexibility & Adaptability: Demonstrate flexibility in our ability to adjust and adapt to changing circumstance
View our Teaching Competencies
Please submit your application before September 21st 2020 at 10:00am to:
Current employees of the Abbotsford School District may apply for this job using the AMS Job Posting portal.