You are the Scientist Illumina is looking for. In your future role at the Madison, Wisconsin site of the global leader in genetic sequencing, you will be one of a group of Scientists who produce the fuel for Illumina’s sequencing and array-based solutions for analysis of genetic variation, and function in realms from cancer research to agriculture. Working individually, and on diverse teams, you will help transfer new products from R&D into Production, identify and drive adoption of new production technologies, and investigate product performance issues, while participating in an inquisitive scientific environment. Additionally, you will partner cross-functionally with Process Development, Quality Assurance, Production, Supply Chain, and other Engineering groups to ensure product supply continuity. We want your talent, genuine curiosity about applied science, commitment to creative problem solving, and drive to get things done.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Work independently and collaboratively as a part of a scientific team. Use oral updates, written reports, and meeting presentations to communicate with colleagues.
- Assess new processes for scalability, appropriateness, and manufacturability, while identifying potential performance and/or operational gaps.
- Assess long-term product demand trends, identify potential process bottlenecks, and help drive the adoption of new technologies, processes, or equipment that mitigates supply continuity risk.
- Resolve product performance issues by designing / executing appropriate experimentation, analyzing data and presenting solutions to relevant stakeholders.
- Demonstrated abilities to work on a diverse team and learn quickly.
- Excellent organization and laboratory skills.
- A solid background in biochemistry and the standard array of characterization assay techniques.
- Proven track record of identifying solutions to problems and completing complex tasks with minimal supervision.
- B.S. (with 7+ years’ experience), M.S. (with 5+ years’ experience), or Ph.D. (with 2+ years’ experience) in Biochemistry or other related discipline.
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you require accommodation to complete the application or interview process, please contact [email protected] To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf