We are looking for a driven, talented Scientist to join our Method Development and Transfer Team. Our team is an integral part of the manufacturing process by providing technical and operational leadership for new product introduction, and increasing quality and yield in production environments. These highly collaborative, flexible and dynamic individuals partner cross-functionally with R&D, Quality, Production and other engineering groups.
This is a hands-on, independent position where the incumbent is responsible for the design and execution of experiments for product/process optimization, development/optimization of analytical methods, and qualification and/or validation activities ensuring the successful technology transfer into a GMP manufacturing environment.
- Conduct laboratory work; formulate/fill reagents following written protocols; execute test methods as assigned.
- Help to establish process or quality control (QC) method requirements to meet product specifications
- Collaborate and guide new product introduction teams throughout the stages of product development process (PDP) in order to:
- Act as a liaison between development and manufacturing teams.
- Participate in the construct and execution of controlled experiments (including DOEs, gauge R&R studies) to develop/optimize manufacturing ready production workflows or test methods.
- Participate in the construct and execution of qualification and validation experiments.
- Monitor, trend and analyze results from development and pilot lots during the NPI process; track off-targeted production outputs, troubleshoot/perform root cause analysis, and make technical and compliance related recommendations as required.
- Present clear and concise written and oral communications to colleagues and supervisors, lead and participate in technical meetings, and provide recommendations based on results.
- Participate or author technical documents, such as plans/protocols, engineering reports, SOPs, or other manufacturing related documentation.
Listed responsibilities are an essential, but not exhaustive list, of the usual duties associated with the position. Changes to individual responsibilities may occur due to business needs.
- Be a highly competent investigator, able to troubleshoot and quickly solve challenges
- Experience in a wide-variety of molecular biology methods for nucleic acid analysis and manipulation including DNA and RNA purification, amplification, labeling, hybridization, etc.
- Solid understanding of DNA and RNA enzymology including polymerases, nucleases, modification enzymes, etc.
- Experience with next generation sequencing technologies, microarray technology, and data analysis tools highly desired.
- Demonstrate capability to support the process and/or test methods development activities.
- Ability to communicate effectively and build strong relationships across multiple departments.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment; easily adaptable to changing priorities.
All listed requirements are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
At Illumina, we strive to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace by cultivating an environment in which everyone contributes to our mission. Built on a strong foundation, Illumina has always been rooted in openness, collaboration, and seeking alternative views and perspectives to propel innovation in genomics. We are proud to confirm a zero-net gap in pay, regardless of gender, ethnicity, or race. We also have several Employee Resource Groups (ERG) that deliver career development experiences, increase cultural awareness, and demonstrate our collective commitment to diversity and inclusion in the communities we live and work. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you require accommodation to complete the application or interview process, please contact [email protected] To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf