As the Scientist- Toxicology, a typical day might include the following:
- Executing innovative toxicology deliverables in support of multiple drug development programs
- Collaborating with scientists across multiple subject areas on toxicology study design and selection of Contract Research Organizations (CROs).
- Coordinating conduct of outsourced toxicology studied to ensure compliance with protocol, SOPs, and laboratory and international regulations
- Interpreting and reporting toxicology findings and optimal communication results to toxicology team members, project teams, and senior management
- Assisting with authoring and/or reviewing of occupational toxicology risk assessments
- Developing and maintaining vital knowledge of GLP regulations and ICH, FDA, and EMEA non-clinical safety guidelines as well as industry trends through current literature review and scientific conference attendance
THIS ROLE MIGHT BE FOR YOU IF:
- You demonstrate scientific aptitude and excellence
- You are highly motivated and capable of working independently and collaboratively
- You have proven technical writing and interpersonal skills
- You pay close attention to detail and are extremely organized while working on multiple projects
To be considered for this opportunity, you must have a PhD in Toxicology, a related biological science, or DVM combined with 1-3 years of relevant post-graduate experience in biotechnology, pharmaceutical industry, CROs, or academia. Experience or training in the research development of biotech-based therapeutics and a publication track record is highly desirable. We want someone who is active in participation in relevant scientific societies and has deep knowledge of GLPs and global nonclinical safety guidelines. Approximately 10% travel is required.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.
Other jobs you may like
We are seeking a creative and driven scientist to join our dynamic team responsible for innovating new Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) and library prep systems. This position is in the Advanced Platforms Technology Development Group. The team is responsible for the earliest phases of product development including: collecting requirements, creation of system concepts, evaluation of candidates, building organizational consensus, and demonstrating feasibility. A flexible mindset to switch between different research topics is crucial.
The ideal candidate will have a strong molecular biology, biochemistry and engineering background and some experience with microfluidic or microfabricated systems. The candidate should be creative and driven with a passion for solving difficult problems within cross-disciplinary teams. The successful candidate will initiate, execute and analyze experiments to integrate and transfer cutting edge assays and chemistries to cutting edge automated microfluidic systems.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Design, execute and analyze experiments in a fast-paced industry with limited instruction
- Able to effectively troubleshoot, propose next steps or suggest alternate strategies
- Effectively work within multidisciplinary teams and routinely interact with biochemists, assay developers, surface chemists, plastic consumable engineers, mechanical engineers, system engineers, and microfluidic engineers to solve problems and devise experimental plans
- Brainstorm new concepts and technologies and drive towards down selection and proving out feasibility.
- Conduct clear and concise communication with cross-functional colleagues and supervisors through oral updates, written reports and technical meetings
- All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
Preferred Educational Background:
- PhD in bioengineering, chemical engineering, molecular biology, biochemistry, biophysics or related field.
- 0-2 years of post-PhD hands-on experience with sequencing, sample prep, library prep, PCR, microfluidics, and microfabrication
- Familiarity and comfort working with transferring benchtop assays to automated microfluidic systems
- Strong background in molecular biology; interdisciplinary experience combining fluidic engineering, surface chemistry, biochemistry, and microfabrication
- Strong data analysis skills (image processing, statistical analysis) and ability to analyze data to determine next steps
- Highly creative and inventive problem solver with a can-do attitude
- Analytical, organized, and adaptable self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication
- Experience in sequencing technology is highly desirable
- Industrial experience is highly desirable
All listed requirements are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you require accommodation to complete the application or interview process, please contact [email protected] To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf