- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
Are you interested in building out a cloud-scale log analytics and search platform? Do you want to revolutionize the way people manage and derive insights from vast volumes of data in the cloud? Do you want to have direct and immediate impact on a large number of AWS users? Do you want to be part of a fast-growing AWS service and work in a fast paced startup style environment?
Amazon Elasticsearch Service makes it easy to deploy, operate, and scale Elasticsearch for log analytics, application monitoring, full-text search, and more. Amazon Elasticsearch Service is a fully managed service that delivers Elasticsearch’s easy-to-use APIs and real-time capabilities along with offering predictable performance and seamless scalability for production workloads.
At AWS, you’ll experience the benefits of working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment, while leveraging the resources of Amazon.com (AMZN), one of the world’s leading internet companies. The Amazon Elasticsearch Service team is part of the rapidly growing AWS Database and Analytics group. We are customer obsessed in a highly collaborative team-oriented environment.
The Amazon Elasticsearch Service team designs, develops and operates software that allows customers to index, search and analyze documents at scale in a secure, responsive, and reliable environment. The team is tackling tough data, search and analytics problems. As we expand at a tremendous rate, we are looking for innovative engineers with a passion for data, search, analytics and distributed systems to join the team:
As a Software Development Engineer on the Amazon Elasticsearch Service team, you will:
. Design, develop and support a world-class search platform serving individuals and businesses of all sizes
- Produce bullet-proof code that is robust, efficient and maintainable; our primary languages are Java, Python, and C/C++
. Work at the core of Elasticsearch and Apache Lucene open source software with opportunities to contribute to open source
. Work on challenging problems in areas such as data storage, query optimization, JVM performance optimization, security, machine learning and more.
- Continually challenge what exists and explore what should be changed to best meet evolving customer needs
- Possess expert knowledge in large scale distributed system design and engineering best practices
- Participate in setting a vision and objectives for Search Services in alignment with customer needs and market opportunities
- Drive and work on algorithm and architecture design, execute and deliver results
- Invent the future of search and log analytics in the cloud
- Join a great group of motivated, top-notch, people and work with them to solve challenging problems in a fun, collaborative environment
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related engineering degree
- 6+ years of experience with public cloud infrastructure
- Experience with Elasticsearch, Apache Solr, or Apache Lucene
- Experience building customer centric enterprise products
- Code contributions to opensource projects
. Experience designing core database engines
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.