- Must have a High School diploma or equivalent
- Direct management experience for employees in a retail, distribution, or logistics environment
- Candidates must be flexible to work weekends and or evenings.
- Experience working under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Basic understanding of transportation / truckload operations.
- Demonstrated ability to use computer and wireless technology
This team will be entrepreneurial, wear many hats, and work in a highly collaborative environment. You’ll work with highly skilled operators and program managers inventing and iterating to design the most effective operational and delivery processes. The adopted attitude is that no idea is a bad idea, and the best ideas are the ones that should be tested and tried. You’ll be able to interface directly with customers in a way almost no one else in the industry can. You’ll lead a team of problem-solving associates to become owners and to reach challenging goals. You will need to thrive and deliver results in an ambiguous, fast paced and dynamic environment.
Five key areas that you’ll always focus on are safety, quality, customer experience, productivity, and fun.
On a daily basis, you can expect to:
- Ensure a safe work environment for all associates
- Review the work forecasts and determine productivity and utilization requirements to meet the overall building objectives daily.
- Coordinates transportation between Amazon Fulfillment Centers and logistics service providers, ensuring timely flow of goods in and out of facilities and helping meet customer order times.
- Proactively identify and lead process improvement initiatives
- Balance labor, ensuring that you are operating a balanced and efficient shift while meeting all production goals
- Embrace a start-up mentality and emphasize “have fun”
You are responsible for ensuring that you have properly trained people and that their needs are addressed so they can focus on their jobs. You will ensure Amazon policies – including attendance tracking – are implemented and administered fairly and consistently. This includes motivating, coaching, reporting, and providing feedback of associates’ performance – including productivity, quality, and safety – as a means for achieving or exceeding Amazon expectations. The Assistant Manager will address discipline and/or performance issues for FC Associates including up to termination. In addition, you will work in partnership with third party delivery providers to ensure Amazon standards are being met in accordance to service contracts.
Key Job Elements:
- Coordinate physical and virtual workflows, or flow of orders and materials to ensure products are shipped on time to meet customer delivery promise
- Consolidate information from different sources to determine daily load plan requirements for the facility, then adjusting and executing accordingly.
- Monitor system generated routing solutions and provide viable routing solutions and make decisions on deliveries outside of the normal routing matrix.
- Lead the order batching strategy to ensure efficiency while protecting customer experience
- Allocate labor from various sources, lead meetings, direct and assign job duties for FC Associates
- Perform in depth problem solving in all areas to ensure successful and continuous operations
- Train, audit, and support FC Associates to perform Amazon standard operating procedures and utilizing equipment and software
- Ensure FC associates have proper tools to perform the job and coordinate repair or replacement when needed
- Communicate with internal and external suppliers using all communication channels available
- Report and escalate systemic issues to management as necessary and in a timely manner
- Review and update Standard Operating Procedures according to Amazon practices
- Participate in initiatives to ensure Safety and Operational Excellence
- Identify, address and resolve safety hazards within the Fulfillment Center
- Support and work in all areas of the Fulfillment Center as required and as determined by site management
- A completed Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university in engineering, operations, or related field.
- Experience in transportation industry is a plus.
- Strong computer skills using MS office products.
- Management of a minimum of 30 employees
- Interest in long term career development through assignments in multiple fulfillment centers across the nation
- Demonstrated analytical skills and ability to problem solve and prioritize with little guidance
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills (written and verbal) with all levels of associates and management
- Knowledge of existing Amazon Warehouse Management systems or equivalent
- Experience leading kaizen or continuous improvement events
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation