Ethicon, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, has made significant contributions to surgery for more than 60 years from creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world’s most pressing health care issues and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon’s surgical technologies and solutions including sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats and our commitment to treat serious medical conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact. For more information, visit www.ethicon.com.
Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. was created 30 years ago in Cincinnati, Ohio, developing innovative devices that have driven the shift from open to minimally invasive surgery that continues to lead the industry today. Our diverse team of engineers, designers, and technical specialists are on the forefront of technology in the medical device industry.
The Senior Algorithm Design Engineer will make vital contributions to the New Product Development (NPD) pipeline and transform patient care through innovation. They are responsible for working with our NPD teams to design and develop computation algorithms for use in cutting edge medical devices.
Are you interested in an excellent opportunity to be a key contributor to bringing exciting new products to market while also providing the opportunity for professional growth? Apply today!
- Design and develop computational algorithms using hardware to demonstrate technical feasibility.
- Translate high-level customer needs into technical options while analyzing trade-offs and business impact.
- Build prototypes, products, and systems for testing including setting up and running laboratory experiments.
- Design and execute test procedures, analyze test results, and develop written reports.
- Generate and present technical material to partners at all levels of the organization.
- Document designs and specifications per design control processes.
- Mentor junior members of the engineering staff to expand design team abilities and establish good working practices.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Biomedical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related engineering field required; dual degrees or advanced degree preferred
Experience & Skills:
- Minimum 4 years of relevant work experience
- Proven experience in computation algorithm development, signal analysis, or applied control theory
- Work experience with and a deep understanding of electrical principles
- Programming languages experience (e.g., MATLAB, Python, LabVIEW, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability working across subject areas with internal and external partners
- Strong collaboration, proven technical leadership capabilities, and conflict resolution skills
- Experience designing and executing studies on tissue, including test method development
- Intermediate understanding or hands-on experience with anatomy and physiology highly preferred
- Experience working with numerical methods, applied differential equations, stability, linear algebra, signal processing, and/or signal digitization
- Experience with optimization techniques and/or classification methods and algorithms
- Design control experience
- Requires up to 10% travel, domestic and international travel
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Ohio-Cincinnati-4545 Creek Road
Ethicon Endo Surgery Inc (6041)