As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network – enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Technology Risk Management plays a critical role in Visa’s three lines of defense, providing oversight of Visa’s Technology and Cybersecurity functions. The team performs a wide range of services including risk assessment, controls monitoring and testing, and governance.
What a Senior Analyst of Technology Risk Management does at Visa
Technology Risk Senior Analyst that will work with our internal teams to assess and manage key technology risks. The candidate will be responsible for the execution of risk assessment and governance within our Technology Risk Management function. The role will collaborate with other risk management functions and programs, such as Cybersecurity and IT Disaster Recovery, to drive the efficient assessment of risk, and ensure appropriate and rapid escalation of those risks as necessary. The candidate must have an understanding of technology risks and controls, and effectively collaborate with multiple stakeholders.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Perform technology risk assessment and governance process, identifying and remediating inefficiencies in the process as necessary
- Provide the first level of review of risk assessments and exceptions to ensure sufficient information is included in requests
- Collaborate with other teams involved in the process (e.g. Cybersecurity, Operations & Infrastructure, Corporate IT, etc.)
- Identify and communicate emerging risks and ensure they are assessed and controlled or mitigated as necessary
- Facilitate governance meetings end-to-end (scheduling, execution, follow-up), act as Secretary for those meetings
- Attend and provide information on risk assessment at governance and leadership meetings
- Follow-up with stakeholders to answer additional questions or to get clarifications
- Track status of exceptions, provide reporting to management and stakeholders
- Develop reporting to inform management and governance committees of risk
- This position will report directly to the Director of Technology Risk Management.
Why this is important to Visa
Technical risk is an integral part of the everyday life of any enterprise relying on people, processes, and systems. It is fundamental to the deployment of technology across business lines and global operations, o product design and implementation, and most importantly, to risk governance and decision-making.
Visa continually strives to strengthen its technology and Cybersecurity risk management practices across all functions and business units.
In other words, we aim to build a strong enterprise-wide learning culture where we focus our energy, talent, and time on reducing exposure to predictable and well-understood risks related to our technology.
What you will need:
4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
7+ years of technical experience in Information Security, Risk Management, or Compliance with a Bachelor’s Degree.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following preferred qualifications:
- Knowledge of Cybersecurity (e.g. access management, data security, etc.), availability (e.g. incident and change management, capacity management), and business continuity risks and controls
- Ability to work independently with minimum oversight. Self–starter and a team player; interested in joining and maintaining a collegial work environment
- Strong ability to prioritize deliverables and projects to meet timelines efficiently, to adapt to changes in priorities quickly
- Possess solid analytical and problem solving skills
- Communicate effectively, formally and informally, to senior management and governance committees
- Ability to facilitate group discussions and debate across functional lines and levels
What will also help – Not required, but helpful to the candidate’s success, are the following qualifications:
Certified Information Systems Security Practitioner (CISSP), or/and Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC) or/and Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or/and Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) / Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours. May require occasional meetings outside of core business hours to connect with global partners.
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0% of the time
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Work Authorization: Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment for this position. Visa will not sponsor applicants for work visas in connection with this position.
Location: Foster City, Austin, Bellevue or Ashburn. Relocation assistance will not be offered