- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Mathematics with specialization in specialization in natural language processing, dialog management, natural language generation or machine learning.
- 8+ years of working experience on NLP, Dialog, NLG or machine learning problems and systems in industry and/or academia
- 3+ years of managing experience of scientists
- Knowledge of programming languages such as C/C++, Python, Java or Perl
Amazon Alexa is looking for a Senior Applied Science Manager to lead the development of next generation spoken and visual understanding systems that will revolutionize the revolutionize the way developers build skills and enable customers to achieve complex and high value goals in their everyday use of Alexa. In this role, you will manage teams of passionate, talented, and inventive scientists, to develop industry-leading Computer Vision (CV), Natural Language Processing (NLP), and Dialog Management, and drive them successfully to production for the benefit of millions of Alexa users. Your mission is to push the envelope for CV, NLP and Dialog Management systems in order to provide the industry-leading, best-possible experience for our customers.
As a Senior Applied Science Manager, you will identify research directions, create roadmaps for forward-looking research and communicate them to senior leadership, and work closely with engineering teams to bring research to production. You will work with teams of talented scientists, and fill the ranks by attracting the best scientists in CV, NLP, and Dialog areas, by representing Amazon Alexa at international science conferences. You will work with talented peers and leverage Amazon’s heterogeneous data sources and large-scale computing resources.
- PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Sciences, or Mathematics with specialization in natural language processing, dialog management, natural language generation or machine learning.
- 3+ years experience and proven track record in leading teams for developing natural language processing or dialog management systems (e.g. commercial CV, speech products or government CV or speech projects)
- Solid Machine Learning background and familiar with state-of-the art in CV, NLP and Dialog management.
- Scientific thinking and the ability to invent, a track record of thought leadership and contributions that have advanced the field
- Solid software development experience
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.