The Operational Services organization at Schwab partners with teams across the firm to deliver on service promises to Schwab clients. We are responsible for protecting and safeguarding the assets of the firm and our clients while continuing to increase scalability and efficiency.
Within Operational Services, the Business Process Transformation team is a multi-functional group that is helping to drive transformation across Operational Services and the broader firm. We use a variety of methodologies, tools and capabilities to drive large-scale change.
The Business Analyst role is central to our transformation efforts and the firm’s broader “Smart Processing” strategy. As a Business Analyst for our Smart Processing Ecosystem, you will play a critical role in identifying, prioritizing, and solving sophisticated problems while collaborating with business, technology and other partners to deliver solutions that provide value for Schwab and our clients.
Smart Processing requires end-to-end, ecosystem strategy, vision, planning, and execution. When executed well, it drives tangible near-term benefits for Schwab and our clients, including greater scale via increased levels of automation and straight-through processing, greater clarity into service and operational processes, and more efficient and personalized service. Smart Processing also drives our long-term strategy through creation of data assets that will power AI and Machine Learning applications leading to even greater scale, personalization, and speed to market for Schwab’s next generation of products and features.
What you are good at:
- Collaborating with a Product Owner to establish a vision and execution strategy
- Capturing, documenting and validating requirements as user examples, translating functional requirements to technical requirements, and identifying scalable solutions
- Highlighting product features and explaining user examples in a manner clearly understandable to the development team
- Collaborating with multi-functional teams and end-users to create solutions that delight, deliver value, and are collegial to product roadmaps and future-state vision
- Working with leaders in communications, field integration, product development and the business to drive successful implementations of process redesign initiatives
- Coordinating development, testing, and implementation of solutions with vendors as needed
- Supervising the progress of product development, and assisting with product release planning and testing
- Identifying technology and design issues, coordinating team members and driving resolution across multiple teams and partners
- Demonstrating a pragmatic approach to product design and delivery; a ‘bias to action’ and a positive demeanor when approaching sophisticated situations
What you have:
This role requires a highly motivated, organized, and experienced business-focused technology individual with a demonstrable record of software delivery in a constantly evolving agile environment.
- Demonstrated experience as a Business Analyst with track record of delivering innovative and strategic business process requirements for software solutions delivery
- Ability to articulate new product features and capabilities in clear use cases
- Proficient user of JIRA and Confluence tools
- Solid experience and understanding of Agile in developing epics, themes, user examples, supplementary requirements, and business rules
- Good interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, influencing, prioritization, decision- making and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in technical field
- Experience working in the financial services industry is a plus
- Experience in Pega 8.X and Pega LBA certification is a plus
- SQL, Python and/or Tableau skillset highly desirable but not required for the role
- 5+ years of experience in technical analysis or operations experience with an asset or investment management firm with a focus on data-related functions; highly preferred