If you have passion around business model innovation, cloud technologies and digital transformation, come join our team! The Business Planning and Commercial Licensing team owns business model and monetization strategies for Microsoft’s entire Commercial portfolio, including Azure, M365, Windows, Data and AI services.
We are looking for strategic thinker and problem solver to drive business model and pricing innovations in our space. In this role, you’ll work closely with key partners including engineering, finance, product marketing, and business development to ensure that we’re creating shareholder value and optimal business models with pricing and packaging. The role will encompass creating business models for new product innovations, develop proposals for partnership offerings, as well as cross-portfolio strategic projects to generate the best outcome and impact for Microsoft.
As a Senior Business Planner you’ll be responsible for:
- Driving monetization strategy
- Implementing and optimizing competitive business models and pricing
- Creating promotional offers to create sales opportunities and facilitate competitive wins
- Developing market and customer insights to formulate business model recommendations
- Leading cross-functional teams including engineering, product marketing, operations and finance
Aptitude and passion for both strategy formulation and program execution are key. Additionally, the ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent communication and leadership skills to drive projects and build executive buy-in and support
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen to drive data and customer driven decisions
- Passionate about cloud computing, technology, and generating positive customer impact
- Ability to influence and drive results in a complex technical and business environment
- A minimum of five years in product management, finance and/or consulting
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA or equivalent experience preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.