- BS degree in business, engineering, or a scientific field
- 5+ years of experience in strategic sourcing or supply chain management
- Experience with supplier negotiation, purchasing agreements or development agreements
- Experience developing and negotiating business deals associated with high-specification manufacturing or technology
- Experience managing large value, multi-year contracts for complex engineered products
Sr. Category Sourcing Manager, Kuiper
Project Kuiper is an initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world.
The Kuiper team is looking for a global category sourcing leader to support business and engineering stakeholders in selecting, developing and managing business relationships with critical technology and service suppliers, and others as needed to execute on Kuiper objectives. The ideal candidate will have a successful track record developing and executing strategy, negotiating master agreements and statements of work, and managing supplier performance. Experience working in new and ambiguous environments while solving complex problems with a broad range of cross functional stakeholders will be an advantage.
Specifically, in this role you will:
- Using industry and relevant data analysis, create and execute strategic sourcing plans for a technology, business unit, department, or project to help internal customers meet their goals
- Work with a range of stakeholders including business leaders, engineering leaders, legal, program management, and supply chain to negotiate a variety of agreements and contracts including term sheets, MOUs, NDAs, SOWs, development agreements, component purchase agreements and others
- Analyze industry trends and evolving technology to proactively identify opportunities to reduce cost, minimize risk, protect continuity of supply, and exploit industry developments that benefit Amazon’s customers
- Influence suppliers’ manufacturing processes, technology decisions, and policies in ways that are mutually beneficial and sustainable for both organizations
- Prioritize projects and activities to deliver maximum cost reductions and reliable supply
- Manage cross-functional projects against plans and objectives to meet commitments and goals
- Drive financial modeling of large and complex deals
- Evaluate and monitor financial health of critical suppliers
- Effectively lead cross-functional meetings with clear document writing, agenda creation, note capture and follow-up activity coordination
- Proactively identify and mitigate risks to the supply chain
Export Control Requirement:
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- MBA plus a degree in engineering, or a scientific field
- Experience sourcing materials for extreme environments including familiarity with mechanical, electrical and system components used in the aerospace industry and supply base
- Experience in Manufacturing, Aerospace, Automotive, and/or Consumer Electronics industries
- Experience working with a range of partners and component suppliers, including those engaged in technology development
- Superior communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to work independently and without a playbook
- Travel (including possibly international) may be required
- Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.