Provide technical, educational, operational and sales support to assist the district in meeting CRHF sales and customer service objectives. CRHF seeks candidates who will meet our customer expectations by striving without reserve for the greatest possible reliability and quality in our products, processes and systems by being accountable, having a voice and taking action.
A DAY IN THE LIFE – POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Technical Support
- Successfully completes CRHF Field Technical Training – including online and field-based training
- Performs checks/interrogations of all CRHF medical device systems post sign-off
- Supports implants of all CRHF products post sign-off
- Provides on-call support as needed on evenings and weekends post sign-off
- Provide troubleshooting support as requested
- Operational Support
- Assures completion of patient registration and any other required hospital documentation
- Helps manage consignment inventory and trunk inventory once obtained
- Provides additional inventory support to meet customer needs
- Maintains software on programmers throughout the district as directed
- Assists with managing daily coverage logistics as needed
- Educational Support
- Educates and trains physicians, hospital personnel and office staff on products or solutions for which training has been completed
- Assists with educating and training new Clinical Specialists and Sales Representatives post sign-off
- Sales Support
- Partners with DSM, Sales Reps and DM to learn market dynamics and local customer motivations and needs; has a basic understanding of how Medtronic CRHF products and solutions offer value to the customer
- Assists with obtaining customer POs throughout the quarter
- Has a basic understanding of the competitive landscape
- Independently identifies customer needs and opportunities and provides feedback to Sales Rep(s) to support sales objectives
- Ongoing Technical Development
- Stays up to date on new products, solutions and patient management offerings
- Completes all assigned training in a timely manner
- Performs other related duties as assigned
MUST HAVE – MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION, THE FOLLOWING BASIC QUALIFICATIONS MUST BE EVIDENT ON YOUR RESUME
- A High School Diploma plus 9 years of clinical specialist experience with a medical device pacing company, OR
- An Associate’s Degree plus 7 years of clinical specialist experience with a medical device pacing company (or 6 years with 2 years of prior healthcare or engineering experience), OR
- A Bachelor’s Degree plus 5 years of clinical specialist experience with a medical device pacing company (or 4 years with 2 years of prior healthcare or engineering experience)
NICE TO HAVE – DESIRED/PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Thorough working knowledge of medical terminology and the medical device industry
- Proven ability to build/maintain positive relationships with peers and colleagues across organization levels
- Strong work ethic in accomplishing objectives of the position
- Expertise with Microsoft tools and other applications (i.e., SalesForce.com)
- Ability to meet vendor credentialing requirements
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to coordinate/participate in numerous tasks/projects in a fast-paced environment in an organized manner while meeting deadlines
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequent required travel to customer clinics, hospitals and offsite meetings. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile.
- Environmental exposure to infectious disease and radiation
- Clinical Specialists are required to be within their assigned territory each day to be available as unscheduled needs arise. CS’s are required to work a number of weekend and holidays during the quarter, as determined by local management. Weeknight call coverage is the primary responsibility of the Sales Rep, however, at times, business and/or geographical needs require a CS to be scheduled for week night coverage as approved by regional management.
- unassigned weekends, evenings and nights.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and active vehicle insurance policy. In addition, your driving record will be reviewed and will be considered as part of your application.
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We can accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations – but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.