- 5 years of CMF design experience.
- Experience building digital and physical CMF narratives, strategy, and guidelines.
- Product development experience delivering CMF design.
- Portfolio of relevant work sample showing CMF applied to a variety of product categories.
- Experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, Keyshot and similar software.
- Knowledge of diverse material technology and manufacturing processes.
- Ability to engage and lead CMF efforts with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a mixed team environment.
- Great communication skills to influence a wide range of stakeholders.
- Strong program management skills within a fast-paced, cross-functional environment.
About the job
As a member of an industrial design team, you will be responsible for defining what Google products feel like. With your design sensibilities and deep understanding of trends and consumer mindsets, you will design how a product should make us feel and tell an authentic story. As a Senior CMF Designer, you will contribute beyond your product category and connect your work to the broader portfolio strategy. You will look for ways to bring unique and impactful innovations to our products.
Google’s mission is to organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Devices & Services team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences for users. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make our user’s interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, the Devices & Services team is making people’s lives better through technology.
- Manage multiple programs to develop design concepts from early concept through to production.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define what a successful product launch could look like.
- Participate in design trends and market research to understand the wants, needs and opportunities for innovation in a project.
- Contribute to the evolving design culture and process in the studio.
- Create high quality digital and physical presentation materials that communicate the design intent at any phase in a project and present design concepts to internal teams and executives.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.