Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That’s Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers – and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Job Description Summary
Perform engineering analyses to assist Bond and Specialty Insurance Claim Construction Services personnel in the investigation, analysis, evaluation and disposition of claims, typically of higher severity or complexity, achieving superior customer service and claim results at the most reasonable cost. Interact and collaborate with claim and underwriting colleagues as well as with external business associates.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Travel 30% or more of time performing engineering analyses.
- Perform engineering analyses on higher severity and/or complex performance claims for Bond and Specialty Insurance Claim Construction Services and/or.
- Underwriting with minimal supervision.
- Make appropriate construction contract decisions and make appropriate recommendations to management when necessary within a performance claim handling context.
- Assure that all policies and procedures, including compliance, regulatory and Bond performance and customer service standards are met or exceeded.
- Assist Claim Executive/Counsel in the preparation of Large Loss Memos and other reports (e.g. quarterly claim, EC, trial, class action) to management to accurately reflect loss development, engineering analyses, potential/actual financial exposure, coverage issues, and claim and recovery strategies.
- Identify salvage opportunities in the earliest stages of claim development and coordinate recovery efforts with the Salvage Unit and claims management.
- Independently pursue recovery sources, when appropriate.
- Coordinate with Claim Executive/Counsel to retain, monitor, manage and approve payments to outside consultants, setting strategy consistent with business objectives, actively utilizing consultant management plans and budgets.
- Make quick, sound decisions and negotiate terms and conditions consistent with Bond standards.
- Assist/mentor less experienced colleagues in claim resolutions.
- Maintain knowledge of coverage, law, legislative and industry-related initiatives and judicial trends.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Travel required approximately 30% of the time.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.