Join us on our mission to continue leading the future of snacking around the world by offering the right snack, for the right moment, made the right way. It’s time for you to Make It with Mondelēz International.
While working in Legal, Business Integrity and Global Security (LIS), you’ll provide assurance that all of your colleagues achieve their goals in a lawful, ethical and secure manner. This could range from counseling on regulatory compliance to supporting strategic transactions and helping the business navigate across the globe.
The Senior Counsel – Global Compliance & Securities is a key player in ensuring Mondelēz International designs, implements and delivers an effective global compliance program in accordance with laws and regulations. ensuring that the company exercises due diligence and sound internal controls to operate with integrity and protect against legal risk.
- Provides expertise and proactive thought leadership on current and pending laws and regulations regarding Compliance and Corporate Governance in jurisdictions both in and outside of the United States.
- Keeps management abreast of significant decisions, legislation and governmental regulatory rulings that may affect the company’s cross-border transactions, trade restrictions and sanctions, data privacy and protection, human rights and Know Your Customer activities.
- Supports global corporate restructuring programs and SEC filings and disclosures
- Provide legal advice, counsel and thought leadership regarding current and pending laws and regulations applicable to a US publicly traded consumer products company, including FCPA, data privacy, data protection, trade sanctions, restricted party screening, anti-money laundering, human rights, anti-bribery, anti-corruption and due diligence controls.
- Provide legal advice regarding Compliance program matters, corporate governance, investigations, and risk management.
- Provide legal advice and counsel on corporate restructuring activities in collaboration with the cross-functional Global Restructuring Center of Expertise.
- Develop policies and procedures for ensuring effective compliance and corporate governance controls, including training, guidance memos, case reports, etc.
- Prepare and review public disclosures and SEC filings, including 10-Ks, 10-Qs, 8-Ks, earnings releases, proxy statements, and Section 16 reports.
- Provide legal advice and counsel on corporate financing transactions, debt offerings and Treasury matters.
Relationships (Internal / External)
- Corporate & Legal Affairs (CLA) Leadership Team
- Chief Counsel – Securities & Assistant Corporate Secretary; Senior Director Business Integrity; Regional Compliance & Security Officers; Regional & Business Unit Legal teams
- Corporate & Legal Affairs (CLA) colleagues on the Governance team and Compliance, Impact, Corporate Affairs, Government Affairs, and Compliance & Global Security teams;
- Internal Audit & Controls; Tax, Accounting, Treasury and Finance Department colleagues; Human Resource
- Senior Corporate, Regional and Business Unit leaders
- Outside Counsel
- Government agencies
Dimensions / Scope Data
Areas of law managed: Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), OFAC and Trade Sanctions, Anti-Bribery/Anti-Corruption, Data Privacy & Data Protection, Human Rights, Securities, Corporate law.
- Juris Doctor (JD) Law Degree from an accredited law school and top academic credentials
- 7 or more years of experience in areas of legal regulatory compliance, securities, privacy and/or data protection. Prior major law firm experience and relevant in-house legal and/or government agency experience preferred; experience in such areas as FCPA, OFAC Compliance, Trade Sanctions and/or Anti-Bribery/Anti-Corruption laws also preferred.
- Ability to work independently and directly at all level of legal and business partners.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, sound discretion, and an ability to clearly and simply summarize complex ideas.
- Excellent management skills and business judgment with a capacity to make decisions and give reasoned, competent advice that demonstrates an understanding of overall business objectives and the risks/rewards of each situation.
- Licensed (or eligible to become licensed) to practice law in Illinois
Mondelēz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.