Do you have a passion for delivering Support Services for mission critical solutions? Do you love to solve problems and help improve the quality of Microsoft’s products? Are you customer obsessed and have a growth mindset? If so, this is a great opportunity for you. Microsoft Services is looking for a Senior Customer Engineer to help drive digital transformation with BizTalk. In this role you will be working with Support for Mission Critical customers building, deploying, operating and optimizing large complex enterprise environments. You will also be responsible for customer satisfaction, deployment, adoption and support of enterprise Microsoft deployments.
As a Senior Customer Engineer, you will be a key technical resource for the customer, primarily focused on delivering proactive services such as education workshops, delivering assessments and providing tailored guidance. Troubleshooting skills are essential as this role will include working with Microsoft Premier/Unified Support to expedite incident resolution. The role can include a mixture of short and long-term customer engagements.
- Mission Critical Lead responsible for the planning and delivery of proactive and reactive support.
- Identify and manage goals and opportunities across Azure technology solutions to improve the solution environment and functional processes for our customers.
- Participate in proactive account management, spot performance issues, analyze problems, develop solutions to meet customer needs, represent them
- Create deliverables to address common Microsoft Unified Support customer needs & support mobile-first, cloud-first strategy, share intellectual property with others.
- Engage with support, account, customer success, and product engineering teams to ensure streamlined customer experience.
- Facilitate sessions with the product team and stakeholders to discuss product updates and feedback.
- Plan and implement end-to-end Support for Mission Critical client support projects and initiative
- Maintain, expand accreditations and certifications; assist in developing best practices for key technologies & products to support technical team readiness
- Consistently apply “lessons learned”, model personal accountability & teamwork.
- Contribute & participate with meetings to articulate Microsoft Unified Support offerings to all customers; share knowledge thru communities, adapt for customers
- Contribute to On Call rotations to ensure high quality of service for the critical incidents created by Support Mission Critical customers
- At least 3 years experience with Biztalk Server
- At least 5 years of experience working with Enterprise customers in any of the following: providing customer technical readiness, delivery support services, on premise and remote technical support, solution development, account management; technical requirements gathering; broad evangelism through events (presentation skills) or related
- Experience with IIS and SQL server level 200
- Familiar with Maps, Orchestration, Schema, Pipeline, Adapter concepts
- Knowledge on Application Integration Patterns and Business2Business Integration alternatives
- Knowledge on XML, WCF, C# and .net
- Knowledge on SQL Server 2008/2012/2014/2016 products
- Knowledge on DBA, design, Implementation, DB Analysis, SQL performance tuning and optimization
- Knowledge on High Availability/Disaster Recovery solutions such as Failover Clustering, Database Mirroring, Always On, Availability Groups, and Replication etc.
- Troubleshooting skill set in SQL Server including, but not limited to performance tuning, optimization and security models.
- Knowledge on Data Engine / Storage / DB Mirroring / Replication and linked servers
- Knowledge on designing / building large OLTP DB systems
- Knowledge of SQL Server Internals and ability to debug a plus
- Familiar with Azure Logic Apps
- Ability to create custom IPs, or provide proactive resolutions to frequent issues
- Use trace analysis, debug skills, source code, and other proprietary tools, to analyze problems and develop solutions to meet customer needs; this may involve writing code
- Understanding of n-tier solutions and ITIL best practices
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.