The Illumina Lab Services (ILS)* Customer Support Specialist builds strong relationships with ILS customers and serves as a liaison between customers and cross-functional groups across the company. As a lead specialist, the Sr. Customer Support Specialist will be responsible for key and strategic customer accounts and work closely with the ILS Tech Support Manager to (1) manage and monitor business systems, (2) handle escalations, (3) lead customer meetings, and (4) lead service & process improvements.
The Customer Support Specialist contributes to the company’s ability to meet sales goals while providing an exceptional customer experience.
*ILS is Illumina in-house service provider and offers customers Array, WGS, NIPT and Oncology services
- Manage internal and external customer NIPT & Oncology accounts
- Validate technical aspects of service orders to ensure order accuracy, completeness and technical feasibility along with company requirements for revenue recognition.
- Coordination and administrative aspects of Order Entry, Order Fulfillment, Credit/Rebill, Case/Complaint Creation, Contract and Backlog Management including but not limited to the use of multiple Systems (SFDC, SAP, MS Office Suite, Quickbase, Cognos, etc)
- Partner with ILS team to ensure support processes are streamlined to allow service scalability as well as excellent customer experience
- Identify gaps, propose solutions, and lead implementation
- Monitor system efficiency and customer experience
- Understands and applies best practices and knowledge of internal/external business challenges to improve processes or services.
- Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors
- File documentation promptly and assist in auditing.
- Exercises judgment within defined policies, procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Builds productive collaborative working relationships both internally and externally.
Listed responsibilities are an essential, but not exhaustive list, of the usual duties associated with the position. Changes to individual responsibilities may occur due to business needs.
- B.S. in life science, chemistry or business required.
- 5 + years of customer support experience in a Clinical Institution
- Understanding of CLIA-CAP requirements and HIPAA regulations
- Experience in Lab Operations preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Functional knowledge of Microsoft Office and CRM and/or ERP system (SAP and SFDC)
- Diligent, detail oriented, methodical, practical, analytical with good project management skills.
- Demonstrated experience in solving problems independently and working effectively in a team environment
- Strong cross-team collaboration skills.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong desire to provide total customer support, going further to address customer core needs.
All listed requirements are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you require accommodation to complete the application or interview process, please contact [email protected] To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf