Wake up every morning and KNOW you are making a difference. Flipgrid’s mission is to empower everyone on the planet to share their voice and respect the diverse voices of others.
The Flipgrid team has focused on student voices with our short-form video application and a rapidly growing, passionate community of educators that empowers over 100 million educators, learners, families, and organizations across 180 countries. Check out #FlipgridForAll on Twitter!
We are looking for creative problem solvers and diverse thinkers—people who care about adding to our team culture and engaging the community we serve. We believe that why we do things is as important as what we do. You should be purposeful, quality-driven, curious, determined, collaborative and fun.
You are a brilliant problem solver, an excellent communicator, a self-starter with a passion for great design that can have an impact on millions of people. You would lead and contribute to each facet of the design process: information architecture; interaction design; research and usability; rapid prototyping; brand integration, and beyond. You possess a rare blend of thoughtful interaction design, visual design, and prototyping execution and skills. You will partner with product leaders and engineering to drive end-to-end experiences from concept ideation to release. You need to be a great creator, collaborator, communicator, and mentor for small and large teams.
- Assist in leading vision and strategy across the design team, ideating as well as executing with thoughtful attention to detail.
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into something useful and valuable for our growing 100M+ users.
- Design experiences that are incredibly simple, thoughtful, and elegant.
- Work diligently with the team to facilitate, collaborate, and contribute to a positive environment, focused on implementation but also open to experimentation.
- Be able to rapidly produce conceptual UI to share ideas with the team.
- Help develop, manage, and refine Flipgrid’s FlipKit design system and pattern libraries.
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers to continually raise our bar for quality. Review work together with the design group and iterate on feedback.
- Continue to deepen knowledge and understanding of UI/UX, including best practices, industry trends, and experience with products at scale.
- Ensure all designs follow accessibility and inclusivity standards defined by WCAG, ADA, and MAS.
- Continually work to hone your skills, improve your craft, and share with others.
- Qualified candidates should have 8+ years of experience, including experience with UX design at scale, information architecture, interaction design, visual design, user research, and usability testing, in addition to leading, organizing, and inspiring a team.
- Expertise creating a variety of interaction design documents including user scenarios, task flows, conceptual models, competitor analysis, heuristic analysis.
- Experience creating and managing UI design libraries and interaction guidelines across a large organization.
- Strong problem solving, creative, communication, and negotiation skills.
- Experience in developing and conducting a variety of both qualitative and quantitative research including ethnographic research, contextual inquiries, guided explorations, and usability testing.
- Fluency in current communication, social media, and video trends.
- Exposure to and understanding of a variety of design, project management, and development processes and methodologies including agile development methods for smaller and larger teams.
- Experience shipping innovative and complex mobile, web or software products on a large scale within milestone deadlines.
- Demonstrable ability to work confidently with Program Management, Development, Product Planning, Brand, Marketing, and our user community.
- Excellent communication, written, presentation, and organizational skills.
- Understanding of the array of technical constraints, user goals, and business requirements that shape current and future products.
Other jobs you may like
- Capable of rapidly converting output from brainstorming and ideation sessions into workable wireframes, concept designs and prototypes
- Ability to produce mood boards, storyboards, design briefs, sketches, visual language guidelines, visual comps, prototypes, scenarios, process flows, information architecture diagrams, wireframes, and other artifacts required to develop and evolve user experience designs.
- Accomplished at presenting design ideas and assets as needed to peers, partners, and management in ways that bring the customer story to life, Incorporate feedback into design efforts.
- Ability to demonstrate and present an in-depth knowledge of fundamental design principles around visual and interaction design, as well as a proven record of applying a good design process.
- Ability to adapt to a deeply technical workspace that supports a vibrant ecosystem around the data estate that is constantly evolving in technical capability.
- Ability to drive a product team of towards a common goal, remove roadblocks, prioritize/scope work and make sure that forward progress is being made.
- Maintain a broader perspective on one’s products, the surrounding technical/social ecosystem, evaluate cross-product opportunities and integrate diverse perspectives into the process of design.
- Strong focus on mentoring others on design thinking and its effective application.
- Strong project management skills to keep your project on track in a variety of team environments.
- A degree in Interaction Design, Graphic/Visual Communications Design, Industrial or Product Design, HCI or related field.
- 8+ year’s industry experience in the field with a track record of solving customer problems with good design.
- A portfolio of past work that demonstrates your interaction and visual capabilities, illustrates your process and shows your evolution as a designer.
- Fluent in the design tools of today – mainly Figma and Sketch.
- Knowledge of methods for gathering, analyzing and responding in design to user research data and business requirements.
- Understanding of the technical side of the data ecosystem – the storage, use and storytelling capabilities of modern data engineers/scientists.