- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 15 years of product operations management experience across organizations.
- 15 years of managing technical projects in a software engineering domain.
- 5 years of leading teams within technical program management or equivalent roles.
- Proven ability to run and deliver results on large-scale, complex technical projects across distributed sites under tight deadlines.
- Ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally with all levels of management.
- Ability to effectively operate with high energy and flexibility in a fast-paced, constantly evolving team environment.
- Outstanding people management and organizational development skills.
About the job
Join our Geo Project Management Office (PMO) team! The Technical Program Managers in the GeoPMO team define, manage, and lead complex projects in the Geo space. They plan requirements with internal customers and drive projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating goals to project stakeholders.
As the Senior Director of the Geo PMO team, you will partner closely with Engineering, Product Management, UX, and Operations Engineering across all of Geo, as well as often coordinating more broadly with partner Product Areas, including Ads, Search, and Google Assistant. We are looking for someone who likes working with large amounts of data, has the capacity to understand and work with complex systems, and enjoys the challenge of solving/simplifying thorny problems. Finally, you will actively develop and grow our key talent as well as evolve the overall organization to set it up for success as it faces new challenges. We are looking for an experienced technical program management professional to help us deliver on topline Geo and Google Objectives and Key Results.
Geo builds the most accurate, comprehensive, and useful maps for our users. More than a billion people rely on Google Maps services to explore the world and navigate their daily lives. That includes sailing down the Amazon river, choosing where to get a bite of pizza, and saving time in commuting.
Geo also helps merchants get their businesses on Google, and developers use the power of Google Maps to enhance their apps and websites. They are solving complex computer science problems, designing beautiful and intuitive product experiences, and improving the accuracy of our geo data, all in order to plot a course for the future of mapping.
- Lead and develop a distributed team of Directors and Senior Staff Technical Program Managers that drives projects (including data analysis) across all of Geo.
- Accelerate a culture of execution and elevate the program management practice across Geo and Google.
- Drive technical projects from requirements through launch, including managing complex project schedules, removing roadblocks and keeping processes running smoothly.
- Partner closely with Engineering, Product Management, and the Operations teams to define, prioritize, and implement features, infrastructure, processes, and workflows.
- Manage communication of progress/status within the core team and with our partners. Partner effectively with cross partner organizations such as Legal, People Operations, Finance, and central compliance teams to ensure alignment.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.