As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network – enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Sr. Director, Small Business Solutions Specialist, will serve as a small business subject matter expert supporting a number for key clients within the US market. The role is responsible for leading and driving client optimization efforts with an existing portfolio of allocated clients with an additional focus on opportunity identification for new product, platform and services sales. In addition, the role is responsible for providing insights on product and market trends, developing growth strategies, developing and implementing new and creative approaches to product improvement, and develop strategic recommendations to help drive profitable growth for both Visa and clients. The position will work closely with and manage key relationships for internal and external partner groups, requiring highly effective analytical, collaboration and influencing skills whilst driving results in a matrix environment and across Visa’s global organization.
- Serve as lead subject matter expert for assigned portfolio of key Small Business credit and debit issuer clients. Drive issuer education and engagement in Visa’s Small Business strategy including product offerings and initiatives across all market segments.
- Identification through to close of new Small Business Sales opportunities within the clients – including but not limited to new products, new platforms, new partnerships and new services. These initiatives may be executed in the form of formal RFPs or ad-hoc sales conversations identified throughout the course of the ongoing engagement with the client.
- Develop and deliver, to issuer clients, ongoing portfolio management and reviews, including: analysis of business metrics, overview of portfolio level performances, and provision of issuer-specific findings and recommendations based within the context of broader market and industry trends.
- Additional analyses and custom consulting engagements may include: customer spend and behavioral profiles, market segmentation, competitive product and program assessment, identification of new segment opportunities and championing relevant opportunities to improve issuer’s Small Business Visa strategy or offerings in the marketplace.
- Work with stakeholders within the Visa ecosystem to provide support the build of new Small Business product & platform enhancements.
- Manage relationships Account Executive teams (issuer, merchant, co-brand) and work collaboratively, and proactively lead as required, across functional teams including, marketing consulting, benchmarking, Client Services, Visa Analytics, Visa Research and others to develop and execute annual strategic plans and key initiatives.
- May be required to lead the development and growth of strategic partnerships and other relationships and their associated activities that cross into our segment. Work with key internal and external stakeholders to identify, opportunities to drive the value of Small Business with merchants and deliver on mutually beneficial efforts.
- May be required to lead oversight of Co-brand related efforts, including driving the value of Visa Small business with potential and existing merchant Co-brand partners and Visa Co-brand teams. Activities will include product launch or expansion exploration, RFP responses, product value proposition and portfolio optimization.
- Lead strategy that fosters relationships with critical industry stakeholders within the Small Business landscape, such as industry partnerships and associations, demonstrating the value of Visa Small Business. Efforts will include managing strategy and plan execution for Visa Small Business presence at key events as well as developing and delivering presentations to senior and larger audiences.
- Lead various ad-hoc internal projects as assigned.
- 15 years’ experience in card payments industry. MBA or equivalent strongly preferred with 5-7+ years’ experience in product, sales or portfolio management and product marketing disciplines.
- Ability to identify and lead sales process both formal (RFPs) and informal
- Ability to interpret data and translate findings into strategic insights and actionable recommendations
- Strong analytical skills and business case development experience
- Strong public speaking and presentation experience (large and small groups)
- Experience presenting to and building relationships with senior management level audiences, both internally and externally
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively with cross functional areas to influence and achieve consensus on goals and objectives
- Analytical, fact-based and the ability to synthesize and organize data/information
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and presentation skills and the proven ability to influence and communicate effectively across technical teams and business teams
- Excellent planning, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Strong business acumen, excellent written communication skills
Travel Requirements: This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 25% of the time.
Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa EEO Statement: Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.