- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent professional or military experience
- At least 5 years in a people management role
- At least 5 years of experience designing and producing content for a technical audience, such as Software Engineers, System Administrators, or IT professionals
- Experience using content publishing tools to write, format, manage, and publish technical content on the web
Ideally, you have both experience managing a team and a demonstrated ability to deliver high-quality technical documentation. Any experience you have with media solutions, web services, Linux, XML, and GIT is also a bonus.
Your responsibilities will be twofold: managing and writing. As a manager, you will be responsible for developing and growing the writers on your team. As a technical leader, you set the standard for excellence for our documentation, ensuring that we deliver technically accurate, well-written, simple, and customer-focused documentation. You’ll help set team goals and be expected to deliver on those goals for maintaining a high bar for documentation quality. You will also be expected to work with the AWS engineering teams on shared goals and efforts.
As a writer, you will work alongside your team documenting new features for existing services, improving existing documentation, and managing feedback loops with customers. As an AWS technical writer, you own your content and are responsible for delivering documentation that helps our customers successfully implement AWS services. You will collaborate with project managers to understand our customers’ needs and work closely with our software engineers to understand the services. You will also work with other technical writers and editors to improve your writing and grow professionally.
AWS is constantly moving and that can be one of the best parts about this job! You will always be learning and growing. But we also recognize that work-life harmony is essential. When our community isn’t in quarantine, we work in the office most days, but we’re also flexible when people occasionally need to work from home. We generally keep core working hours from 9:30am to 3:30pm.
We have a team of talented writers and we’re looking for a teammate who enjoys collaborating with others, believes that documentation can make a real difference, and always puts customers first. We take our jobs seriously, but we try to have fun while we’re at it. And of course, we believe that teamwork is the best way to get us where we want to go.
- Lead and develop a team of technical writers
- Drive the documentation strategy for the team with engineering teams and writers
- Define writing projects and set goals
- Create conceptual information, step-by-step procedures, API descriptions, and example CLI commands for AWS Elemental Media Services
- Collaborate with developers and designers to improve the user experience, UI text, error messages, and API design
- Interact directly with customers and use their feedback to improve the documentation
- Independently follow AWS designs and standards
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
** For more information on Amazon Web Services, visit http://aws.amazon.com **
- Experience working directly with software development teams on a product for a technical audience, such as developers, DevOps, IT professionals, or engineers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience using an XML-based authoring system
- Experience with cloud computing/web services or related areas
- Experience working in an agile environment