- BA or BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, Computer Science) or equivalent
- Minimum 7+ years of finance experience, or master’s degree and 5 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Who we are:
At Amazon, we’re working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. Operations is at the heart of what we do, delivering hundreds of thousands of packages each day and fulfilling customer orders from all over the world. Amazon is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to help own critical functions within the rapidly growing Last Mile org within operations. Amazon Logistics (AMZL) is Amazon’s “Last Mile” delivery service, responsible for delivering packages (and smiles) to households and businesses across the planet.
Our finance team closely partners to support this rapidly expanding business while building a portfolio of delivery stations, vans, and technology to deliver customers’ packages on time – often next day, sometimes faster. We augment our traditional “deliver by van” with other models including Amazon Flex (gig economy drivers), Amazon Lockers, and more – all designed to deliver smiles to our customers.
AMZL Finance seeks a Senior Financial Analyst to support Last Mile Delivery. AMZL offers opportunities to grow your career as you engage on one of the many facets of this world-class delivery service. From here, you will have the opportunity to rotate to other functional areas or roles across Amazon’s portfolio of businesses.
As a Senior Financial Analyst on the AMZL IPAT (Insights, Planning, Analytics, and Technology) team, you will partner with business and finance stakeholders to drive productivity and cost reductions for our North America delivery operations – transportation from delivery stations to our customers.
You will partner closely with other IPAT finance leaders and the broader AMZL leadership team to develop and maintain a strategic multi-year plan. This role will provide extensive cross-functional partnership opportunities with business and finance stakeholders across multiple geographies to provide timely analysis, insightful guidance, controllership, and financial leadership to our last mile delivery organization as we grow our delivery business rapidly.
A typical day in this role provides an opportunity to lead, challenge, and innovate by building creative, socially responsible last mile logistics solutions through large-scale data driven decision making. As a member of a growing team, you will deal with a high level of ambiguity and changing priorities. The successful candidate will maneuver through the ambiguity, communicate effectively across teams and levels, while balancing the needs and requirements of internal and external customers. Flexibility and the ability to prioritize in a changing business environment will also be key.
Success in this role:
Success in this role requires you to partner with and influence business owners, support thoughtful decision-making, respectively audit and challenge business model assumptions, and adapt to a rapidly-evolving environment. You will collaborate with executives, finance leaders, and functional leaders across multiple business units within Amazon. You bring best-in-class business partnership while advocating strong controllership within your team. You are comfortable reviewing variance analysis deep dives, asking tough questions, and presenting to business owners during reviews. You over-index on building and developing trustworthy, solution-oriented teams who are empowered to identify, analyze, and help solve business problems. You exhibit sound judgment in prioritizing work for yourself and your team that maximizes results for key stakeholders.
- Oversee financial reporting for your business area. Understand input drivers and validate integrity of the reporting to influence strategic decision-making and planning. Use data to identify disruptive ideas and provide advice to business leaders across the globe
- With Controllership as the top priority, you identify, resolve, or provide guidance to resolve complex data integrity issues. You improve controls to address financial risk and support frugality.
- Educate business partners on financial and non-financial trade-offs. You make thoughtful judgement calls in ambiguous environments where data may be scarce or difficult to procure.
- Use active listening skills intuitively to communicate data (both written and verbal) in a clear, concise, and unambiguous manner. Adjust style for various audiences to articulate complex finance issues clearly. Your communications drive critical business decisions.
- Have backbone, disagree and commit to foster constructive dialogues, harmonize conflicting views, resolve issues, and drive decisions.
- You exhibit social responsibility. Actively recruit bar-raising talent, continuously develop your team, and constructively mentor the Finance community.
- Identify and sponsor Finance-wide professional development and engagement initiatives that plan for the future and strengthen the global Finance community, such as inclusion and diversity initiatives.
- Become an expert in your lane to contribute to work-life harmony. You are a positive, collaborative, and an effective influencer to new team members and model operations excellence and efficiency.
- Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (examples: SQL, MS Access, Essbase, Cognos) and other financial systems (examples: Oracle, SAP, Lawson, JD Edwards)
- MBA and/or Professional certification (CPA/CMA/Qualified Accounting certificate) + relevant experience
- Resilient and entrepreneurial attitude showing the ability to work with minimal direction in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Experience with understanding complex process flows and driving process improvements
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.