- BA or BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, Computer Science) or equivalent.
- Minimum 5+ years of finance experience, or master’s degree and three years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Who we are:
The Global Specialty Fulfillment Operations team (GSF) covers a portfolio of businesses with unique fulfillment and operational capabilities such as Amazon Fresh, Whole Foods Market Online, Amazon Heavy/Bulky, Amazon Business, Same Day Operations, and Locker+. Our Finance teams partner closely with our operations teams to influence the strategic direction of the business, drive operations excellence, and make sound investment and expansion decisions, with the primary goal of continuously improving the customer experience while driving long-term profitability for our portfolio of businesses. Our teams experiment, fail fast, learn, and scale rapidly, and we have a culture of data-driven decision-making.
The GSF Finance team seeks a Senior Financial Analyst to partner with operators on delivery strategy and execution. Experience in this team opens up several career opportunities across Amazon.
Success in this role:
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following: They influence business owners, support thoughtful decision-making, and adapt to a rapidly-evolving environment. They collaborate with executives and various business units across Amazon. They bring excellent verbal and written communication skills. They prioritize the most impactful projects and programs that will drive GSF businesses forward. A typical day in this role provides an opportunity to innovate by building creative solutions with large-scale data mining tools, identifying the high-priority work and projects that maximize results for key stakeholders, and solving complex problems that effect company-wide strategic decisions.
- Use solid financial knowledge and business acumen to build financial models, interpret data, draw conclusions, and make recommendations that deliver results, drive improvements, and influence leaders throughout Amazon. These decisions can have global impact.
- Delivers weekly/monthly financial close. Uses financial systems and advanced MS Excel functions to work with large data sets. Outputs plans, forecasts, budgets, and consolidations.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
- Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (examples: SQL, MS Access, Essbase, Cognos) and other financial systems (examples: Oracle, SAP, Lawson, JD Edwards)
- MBA and/or Professional certification (CPA/CMA/Qualified Accounting certificate)
Other jobs you may like
L3Harris KEO is searching for a dynamic Senior Financial Analyst to join our team in Northampton, MA.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Maintaining timely and accurate EACs for assigned programs.
- Preparing variance analysis in support of program and functional management.
- Developing EACs on major programs.
- Using standard Earned Value Management System (EVMS) tracking techniques, analyzing, reporting cost, and schedule performance baseline.
- Creating and maintaining complex financial models to be used by management in business planning.
- Providing financial support to DCMA/DCAA audits.
- Performing ROS analysis.
- Conducting ad hoc analysis as required by management.
- Demonstrating the ability to proactively solve problems and issues in a timely manner with minimal supervision.
Required Attributes/Skills And Education:
- Bachelor’s degree with 10+ years of experience in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Business Management.
- Hands-on working knowledge of EVMS is a must.
- Minimum of 3 years using an Earned Value tool (COBRA, etc.)
- Experience with cost plus, fixed price, fixed price incentive, and T&M contract types.
- Experience in developing EACs on major programs.
- Comprehensive understanding of cost accounting and FA principles. Familiarity with Costpoint or other ERP.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and projects.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Able to work independently, need little supervision, and capable of drawing own conclusions.
- In the longterm, able to mentor new associates.
- Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a US Secret clearance.
Desirable Job Skill:
- DOD experience highly preferred.
Other jobs you may like
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here!
This position completes the financial and economic analysis relating to investment decisions. Utilizes financial models to determine cost/benefits of specific line items in proposed operating budgets and evaluates the Net Present Value of cash flows associated with investment proposals. Working with field operations, develops operating budgets which are derived from the work identified in the Life Cycle Plan. Maintains active two-way communications with the Corporate Controller’s group. Works closely with Performance Management area to analyze and report against key financial and operating targets throughout the year. Develops analysis for large and small operational projects as well as various ad hoc analyses. Responsible for understanding the business, issues and opportunities and working with Company personnel in analyzing the impact of certain events on operations. The assessment of data will sometimes involve financial and economic modeling of information critical in evaluating financial, operational and business needs as they relate to the long and short term operations and opportunities of the Company.
This position will also research and develop new initiatives and assist with the communication of the analyses and associated strategies to the appropriate business organizations.
Prepares financial/economic analysis of projects and develops financial models related to budgets or forecasts.
- Prepares cost/benefit analysis for spending decisions. Performs analysis to support activities in the planning function, operational effectiveness and capacity utilization
- Creates financial and economic models of various scenarios to assist with current and future business planning decisions.
- Performs analyses of business operations metrics requiring a solid understanding of the energy services industry operations and the Company’s facilities and operations.
- Responsible for researching and sourcing general market intelligence data and reporting data to various business unit projects.
- Analyzes budget, reports and forecasts and prepares variance analysis as necessary.
- Maintains computer reporting systems.
- Provides statistics for short and long term forecasting.
- Prepares special reports and studies, as requested.
- Interacts with personnel within and outside the organization including senior management, various corporate organizations and financial, legal and regulatory communities in order to complete interdepartmental projects.
- Works closely with their counterparts in Corporate Finance and Accounting, Strategic and Long Range Planning Groups and Regulatory Requirements.
- Engages in activities of professional organizations.
Technical Knowledge/Skill: Strong working knowledge of financial and accounting methodologies & theories and the ability to apply this knowledge to detailed financial analysis. Demonstrated skill in financial analysis; preparing operating budgets and plans, and working cross functionally. Ability to use PC desktop applications (e.g., Access and Excel). Strong and effective analytical, written and oral communication skills. Ability to formulate recommendations regarding financial analysis problems, methods and reporting solutions preferred.
Education: Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Administration, related discipline or equivalent experience. MBA or advanced degree in Finance or Accounting preferred.
Experience: Minimum of (8) years of related experience.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor