We are looking for a talented and technical Senior Developer to join the Personalized Investing team to build customer facing interactive web applications. This position will be part of Schwab Asset Management Solutions (SAMS) Technology at Schwab, focused on delivering innovative, personalized investing tools to all Schwab clients. We are looking for an engineer to help us continue to build and grow our Personalized Investing platforms.
What you are good at:
- Passionate about building quality world-class systems.
- Attention to detail, problem-solving abilities and solid knowledge base are key essentials for success.
- Strong problem solving skills who can contribute in a highly collaborative culture and agile team environment.
- Ability to deliver innovative, cost effective, reliable solutions is key to success in this role.
- Driven to learn, grow, and continuously contribute to evolving the Schwab experience and technology.
- Translating user requirements into technical designs.
- Identifying opportunities to improve the client experience with your technical solutions.
- Working collaboratively with other engineers, product owners, and designers to creatively solve problems
- Implementing code and unit tests using best practices and standards.
- Supporting your solutions throughout all phases of the software development lifecycle.
What you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Backend experience building software in object oriented languages such as Java, C#, etc.
- Experience with API development using RESTful services and JSON
- Experience working in Agile teams; preferably in small teams, using JIRA/Bitbucket/Bamboo or similar tools.
- Experience working with a relational or NoSQL databases, such as SQL Server, MySQL and MongoDB
- Experience in Asset Management software such as Charles River (CRD), Aladdin (Blackrock), Perform (Investec), Bloomberg API, etc. is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; Must be a critical thinker and solutions-oriented.
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills. Must be able to quickly grasp complex concepts and learn new technologies.
- Ability to work effectively and collaborate with all types of stakeholders, both technical and business, peers and leaders.
Other jobs you may like
Senior Front End Developer-CO 00069
Prudential is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this open position unless contracted with Staffing. Agencies must work with Staffing as the primary point of contact and follow the Prudential application process to be considered for business. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Prudential via-email Internet or directly to hiring managers in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Prudential and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Prudential.
Note: Any search agreement entered into with Prudential before January 2004 is null and void. Search firms are essential to the recruitment and staffing efforts at Prudential and we value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Prudential has established and regularly maintains a preferred vendor list and even preferred vendors need to have a written search agreement signed by the Director Recruiting Programs Staffing at Prudential in place for the specific position in order for a fee to be paid for any candidate referrals.
Job Function Software/System Development