Reports to: Engineering Lead, Platform
What You’ll Do
- Help lead the design, architecture, and execution of everything from front to back.
- Establish engineering processes, define company engineering standards, identify and implement core technologies, and remove technical hurdles.
- Work directly with our other Engineers, Designers, Product, and Marketing teams to implement core features across our customers’ experiences.
- Build solutions for appropriate scalability. You’re ok building something “hacky” if it fits the need, but can also call out real issues and create simple, scalable solutions for them.
What You’ll Use
- Our homepage (marketing pages) use React, Gatsby, GraphQL, and Contentful headless CMS.
- Our checkout + account experiences use Ember, JSONAPI, and work directly with our Rails API.
- Our back-end is a Rails API that handles everything from account creation, payments, all the way through to fulfillment.
- See more here: https://stackshare.io/ritual-com/ritual
Who You Are
- You get jazzed about building experiences for people on the web, helping them get to the things they need, while delighting them wherever they may be.
- You take pride in your work, and look for opportunities to iterate and make it better. You prioritize a simple solution over a complex one, leaning on the tools available to make your job easier, while ensuring solid test coverage backs up the decisions you’ve made.
- You believe that great data enables you and others to make better decisions.
- You can dive deep and have complex technical conversations with your engineering team, nerd out over design decisions, and then turn around and explain those same conversations to non-technical teams.
- You believe that just because something is difficult that it is not a reason for not doing it. In fact, that might be validation that it is worth doing, right?
What You Need
Education: BS in Computer Science or other engineering/technical field. Equivalent experience also accepted.
Experience: 3-5 years of developing clean, scalable and efficient web apps in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to build a full web app – back to front, with a passion for strong test coverage.
- A demonstrated eye for design, as well as the ability to identify and solve real-world user problems.
- An understanding of troubleshooting issues that may arise, and planning for scale.
- Interest in learning additional skills/technologies as we continue to scale our platform and suite of tools.
Other jobs you may like
- Convert ideas, designs and requirements into concrete, stable production builds
- Works with product, project, and engineering teams to deliver products on schedule that solve our customers’ problems
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of application.
- Perform detailed analysis and technical designs, create technical documents and be active participate in design reviews.
- Code, test, integrate, document and release software adhering to technical and quality standards
- Develops and communicates technical processes, standards, and best practices to the team
Required Technical Skills:
Minimum 4 years’ experience developing Node.js applications on top of RESTful APIs.
Experience with cross-browser, cross-platform and design constraints on the web.
Experience with test automation: TDD, unit/integration/functional testing.
Solid understanding of object-oriented design and programming concepts.
Have a passion for quality and writing clean, solid, readable code that scales and performs well.
Proficient in Git and familiarity with continuous integration.
A team player who values collaboration, innovation, and inclusion
Comfortable working in an Agile environment
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Experience building GraphQL APIs using Node.js
Java back-end, Android or iOS development
Job_Description_Summary: The Consumer In-Store and Digital Commerce team is looking for a Senior Web Engineer to help design and build applications for PayPal. At PayPal, we work together as small, collaborative teams. We’re passionate about code quality and we’re constantly finding new ways to perfect our processes and product. You will be a member of the Engineering team and will be working on products that are directly linked to PayPal’s vision of having a billion active users. We work closely with our design, content, and product teams to build, test, and iterate on new solutions to customers’ problems. We have dedicated teams to support our Continuous Integration, Quality and Release processes. All this results in your code being published in an update to the App Store at least once every 3 weeks.
Who we are: Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 286 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
We’re a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Other jobs you may like
Cognizant Digital Business
If you’re like us, you’ve got big
ideas. At Cognizant, we’re exploring new ideas every day. We help industry
leading companies reinvent their business models and innovate products that
create new value—by connecting people with things, insights and experiences.
Cognizant digital business designs, engineers and delivers digital products and experiences that drive
digital-first business models. We offer the most comprehensive digital
engineering expertise and client-centric methodology for sustainable
Cognizant Technology Solutions is
seeking a highly qualified Java engineer with experience in developing and in
building high-performing, scalable, enterprise applications. You will be part
of a talented software team that works on mission-critical applications. You
have a passion for high-quality, reliable and maintainable code. You’re
comfortable working side by side with product managers, designers, and clients,
making decisions together in order to quickly deliver valuable working software
to clients and their users. You are agile and retrospective, and not afraid to
identify what we’re doing wrong so we can fix it, and what we’re doing right so
we can improve on it. Above all, you judge your success by the success of your
team and the happiness of our customers.
Java/Java EE/Spring microservice API development while
providing expertise in the full software development lifecycle, from
concept and design to testing.
Designing, developing and delivering high-volume,
low-latency applications for mission-critical systems
Write well designed, testable, efficient code
Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications
Support continuous improvement by investigating
alternatives and technologies and communicating these for architectural
Strong understanding of Java 8, Microservices,
Spring-boot, API Development and AWS
Proficient in Core Java /J2EE technologies & Spring
Hands-on experience in the development of RESTFUL web
services & spring boot based microservices Should be aware of CICD
tools like Jenkins, Docker etc
Knowledge of commonly used IDEs like Eclipse etc and
Excellent communication skill and participates actively
in team meetings discussions and be a specialist in Object Oriented
analysis and design using common design patterns
Define site objectives by analyzing user requirements
envisioning system features and functionality and enhance organization’s
reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing requests exploring
opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
Why Choose Cognizant?
It takes a lot to succeed in today’s
fast-paced market, and Cognizant Technology Solutions has become a leader in
the industry. We love big ideas and even bigger dreams ! We stand out because
we put human experiences at the core.
Our associates enjoy robust benefits
and training opportunities from our industry recognized, award winning Academy
team. You will have access to hundreds of technical training to keep your
skillsets fresh and have opportunities to acquire certifications on the latest
Everything we do at Cognizant we do
with passion—for our clients, our communities, and our organization. It’s the
defining attribute that we look for in our people.
If you love ambiguity, excited by
change, and excel through autonomy, we’d love to hear from you!
Cognizant is recognized as a
Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs
Our Cognizant Veterans Network
assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them
to demonstrate the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to quality
instilled in them through participation in military service.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity
employer provider and committed to creating a diverse environment.
Cognizant considers all applicants
without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, age, and
marital status, disabilities, sexual orientation or preference, veteran status
or any other classification protected by state, federal or local law.
Headquartered in the U.S, Cognizant
is a member of the S&P-500, Nasdaq-100, Fortune 200, and was recently
ranked as the #1 Fastest Growing “All Star” by Fortune Magazine. Cognizant uses
a highly flexible business model, a detailed global delivery network, and deep
domain expertise to deliver to a long list of best-in-class companies that are
leaders in their own space.
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Aug 21 2020
About Cognizant Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world’s leading professional services companies, transforming clients’ business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 194 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @USJobsCognizant.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender, identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email [email protected] with your request and contact information.