Mixed Reality Overview
In Mixed Reality, people—not devices—are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together—whether that’s scientists “meeting” on the surface of a virtual Mars or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we’re incorporating groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and more.
Our team has people from a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, previous work histories, life experiences, and we are eager to maintain and grow that diversity. Our varied backgrounds and unique experiences enable us to be better at building the best solutions for our customers and make for dynamic and joyful collaborations with colleagues!
If you are passionate about groundbreaking Mixed Reality technology and want to work on a team dedicated to a culture of inclusion, growth mindset and collaboration, we need you!
The Microsoft HoloLens Team continues to innovate and develop ground-breaking augmented reality devices and innovative technology across computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and image and video processing, networking and graphics. This role will be part of the System Program Management team that drives technology development, product design, product development, and organizational excellence to deliver world class products.
We are seeking a Senior Technical Hardware Program Manager to join our team. The candidate will be a key member of our solutions team, responsible for delivering Product Solutions by scoping the needs across multiple organizations and for providing system level solutions that bridge hardware and software. The scope of this role includes responsibility of configuration management for mechanical engineering, creating and driving schedules, build management, driving issues to closure, facilitating and reporting on program progress.
As a Senior Program Manager, you will be responsible for the following including but not limited to:
- Team leadership for cross functional and cross organizational product development teams
- Define and execute to product feature requirements and to author specifications or product requirements
- Manage the schedule, deliverables, product costs, and budgets
- Manage vendor engagements, including initial vendor selection.
- Organize, present, and document technical and program reviews/status to Senior Management.
- The candidate must be willing and able to travel (domestic and international) to support design and manufacturing activities.
- 6+ years of experience in program management with product development team
- Hardware development experience
- Demonstrated cross-functional and cross-org experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- B.S./M.S. in Engineering Discipline
- 10+ years of experience in program management within a product development and engineering team
- Familiarity working with Asian and European partners
- Experience with managing multiple delivered-to-market product development cycles in high performance products incorporating cutting edge technologies
- B.S./M.S. in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.