Who We Are
Our team collaborates with the Customers Org (sales and revenue generation) to create impactful learning experiences that inspire individuals and teams to go beyond. We are looking for a creative, experienced and passionate Senior Instructional Designer/Technologist to join the Customers Learning Experience team. Our team supports internal revenue-generating teams and this role presents the opportunity to help drive growth to support Twitter’s business objectives. Our team values are Authenticity, Impact, Collaboration, Innovation, and Fun.
What You’ll Do
We’re hiring a Senior Instructional Designer/Technologist to create the most engaging and impactful learning experiences possible. This position will be working with a diverse set of learners across the revenue-generating organization. You’ll need to have a creative mindset towards learning technology solutions, a keen understanding of effective and agile design methods, an insane technical aptitude, and a passion to help Tweeps learn, grow and excel in their roles. Here are a few examples:
- Reports to the Director of Customer Learning Experience and partners with the entire CLX team and cross-functional stakeholders to create learning solutions for all of the Customers Org (sales and revenue generation).
- Given our world today is working in a new normal, we are striving to reinvent how we approach learning technologies and virtual learning for a working group that is used to doing business face-to-face with clients. We are looking for an incredibly talented designer to create and execute on a learning technologies strategy.
- We are shifting several significant tools and systems this year, where we need a seasoned learning technologies professional to lead the planning, design and implementation. Several examples include; moving to a new LMS, defining and implementing learning tools for virtual and virtual instructor led technology (e.g., webinar technology).
- We need a creative mind to elevate our current level of virtual learning programs to a whole new level of interaction, gaming, video production, simulations, certifications, badges, a sleek look and feel.
- Knows how to effectively tie learning objectives in a Sales environment to key business objectives and individual effectiveness.
- Twitter is a fast paced environment, so we are looking for a Senior Instructional Designer/Technologist who can create content, learning experiences, and programs using the most up-to-date design methods to remain agile and meet tight deadlines.
- This is a hands-on role, so you will be designing the learning interventions (e.g., doing the work).
- Last, the Customer Learning Experience team supports every team within the Customers Org, so we are looking for a super connector and relationship builder with all types of clients.
Who You Are
As a member of the Customer Learning Experience team, you will shape and define what great learning experiences are for the Customers Org. To accomplish this, you will use adult learning theory and the latest non-linear instructional design methods to build innovative learning solutions tailored for content and audience. Learning solutions can include e-learning (video, infographics, games, interactive), simulations, hands-on case study activities, virtual (webinars), a blended approach, or a new creative solution brainstormed by you!
If this sounds like it might be you, you probably have:
- Experience in designing learning solutions for new hire, skills & capabilities, leadership development, and products education.
- Proven aptitude for creating instructional content for sales, product, strategy, and operations audiences. Ability to connect the dots in a highly matrixed and complex organization.
- Experience and keen knowledge in the latest learning technologies, including, AI, VR and augmented reality.
- Graphic design experience and skills is a huge plus and bonus!
- A love for teamwork and collaboration, balanced with an ability to be self-directed when required.
- Clear and effective communicator in both written and oral formats.
- Knowledge in designing communication and change management strategies to support new learning program launch.
- Solutions-oriented with the ability to learn and solve complex problems in the pursuit of creating new and innovative learning solutions.
- Experience in developing learning programs and solutions for a Global Company (e.g., creating learning experiences that support and resonate with an international audience).
- Proficient in Office Applications (e.g. Google Suite, Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Keynote), Learning Authoring Software (e.g. Articulate Rise/Storyline, Captivate) and Creative Publishing Software (e.g. Adobe Creative Suite/Photoshop/Illustrator/Premiere/After Effects).
- Advantage: proficiency in Japanese or Spanish
- Bachelor Degree (or above) in Instructional Design & Technology and/or related fields.
- 5-10 years of instructional design experience at a global enterprise level.
Required Legal Content for U.S. Roles:
“We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.”
“San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.”
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.