- BA/BS degree in information systems, computer science, engineering, accounting, finance, math or related field.
- 2+ years of experience with IT and Operations auditing, risk management, IT Compliance, Information Security, IT program or project management and/or technology.
At Amazon, we are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth, and that includes protecting our customers and their data. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Are you ready to partner with Amazon’s cutting-edge business and engineering groups to identify areas of risk? Interested in diving deep into technologies and processes across Amazon and its subsidiaries to identify risks? Are you looking for a position that will leverage and grow your skills, expand your knowledge of technology practices, and provide opportunities to problem solve with some of the best minds in the industry?
As a Sr. IT Auditor, you will lead the planning, scoping, execution, and reporting of audits based on identified risks related to various Amazon businesses. In this position, you will dig deep into the details of your audits. You must be able to understand complex business processes and identify the full range of risks related to processes, regulatory compliance, organization, policy, and technology. You are comfortable interacting with highly technical software development engineers and business leaders. You need a broad technical background and the ability to learn new technology concepts quickly. You must be comfortable performing as a sole contributor, teammate, and manager concurrently.
You translate technical risks into business issues and prioritize findings and recommendations in tune with our corporate strategy and regulations. You facilitate multiple stakeholders to agree on appropriate solutions and verify that risks are mitigated appropriately. We value insight, intellectual flexibility, and sound business judgment.
Up to 10% travel may be required, including international travel.
- 5+ years working in a diversified and dynamic environment.
- Risk management experience, including performing assessments and audits, designing controls, managing enterprise control frameworks, and prioritizing risk.
- Willingness to dive deep into your own audits combined with experience collaborating on a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. You will prepare reports and make presentations to senior level management. You will interact with various levels of employees to collect and communicate information.
- A fast learner who can quickly absorb the nuances and behaviors of Amazon’s systems architecture.
- Solid analytical skills and history of analyzing data and situations to identify meaningful observations.
- Big 4 consulting experience.
- Relevant certifications (CISA, CISSP, CISM, CFE).
- Experience with process improvement, Kaizen, and six sigma.
- Broad technical or information security background.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.