- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Operations, or other technical field from an accredited university or 4+ years Amazon experience
- 5+ years of relevant experience in project management/senior leadership
- 2+ years of relevant experience in customer operations
- Experience leading teams to deliver cross functional projects
- Self-starter who is able to prioritize and deliver on deadlines with minimal supervision
- Ability to persuade, inspire and motivate others
- Proven experience in leveraging multiple communication channels to lead and drive results across customer service teams
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities and generate innovative solutions in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Possesses a strong commitment to leadership/employee development
- Experience in using formal quality management, supported by statistical methods to drive business improvement (an understanding of or experience using Lean and Six Sigma methods is ideal)
What’s This Job All About?
At PillPack, an independently operated subsidiary of Amazon acquired in 2018, our customers come first. PillPack Pharmacy is committed to building the future of pharmacy and to deliver on being the earth’s most customer centric Pharmacy. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you are passionate about the future of healthcare this is your chance to make history by joining the PillPack Customer Care.
PillPack’s Senior Manager, Care Operations is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, quality and productivity of the contact center. In this role, you will set the vision and direction for our Customer Operations organization by driving continuous innovation and creating a great working environment for our employees. You will lead a large team of employees and high performing managers to improve the customer experience and increase employee engagement, providing the overall leadership, direction, and operational guidance for our Customer Operations teams.
This position requires a candidate who has the ability to drive process improvements, and keep pace with our growth while motivating others to meet the challenges of an extremely customer focused and metrics driven environment. The ideal candidate must have a proven history of customer operations leadership, responsibility for large projects, cost control/P&L responsibility, and driving innovation across a high-performing organization.
- Lead and manage a team of 5-10 Operations Managers
- Ensure high quality and productivity within the Customer Care Organization, with attention to pharmacy regulations and compliance.
- Work closely with labor planning and recruiting teams to ensure an effective and efficient staffing model
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with both PillPack and Amazon’s policies and procedures; additional responsibilities include interviewing, training and motivating employees; planning, assigning and directing work; rewarding and developing employees; and effective conflict resolution
- Effectively partner and build productive working relationships with direct reports, peers, leadership, and other departments
- Drive operational excellence and meet or exceed agreed upon KPIs and provide the best experience for our customers.
- Drive process improvements and keep pace with our growth while motivating others to meet the challenges of a deadline-driven environment.
- Maintain a complete and thorough understanding of technical systems in a complex and fast paced environment.
- Continually measure and evaluate all work processes.
- Understand and correctly utilize resources provided by internal systems, departments, policies, and procedures.
- Develop and drive strategies and programs which improve the competitive position and profitability of the organization
- Drives creation of schedules, quality initiatives, process change initiatives, Lean/Kaizen activities, and other Change/Six Sigma initiatives
- Play a critical role in leadership bench strength by providing guidance and mentorship to all levels of leadership within their organizational units, as well as serving as an outstanding role model
PillPack by Amazon Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity /Sexual Orientation / Age.
- MBA or Master’s degree preferred in Business Management, Operations, or related discipline and work experience in technical field is highly desired
- 8+ years of experience in customer operations management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Lean/Six Sigma black belt certification or equivalent
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.