What you’ll do…
The Senior Manager of Data Engineering role is a critical position focused on becoming a trusted partner and delivering value through data for our customers. You will use your skills to understand our customers’ businesses and provide data solutions that help solve their challenges. As a Senior Manager of Data Engineering you will ensure our customers’ data needs and pain points are addressed by providing outstanding service, assistance and knowledge of the Data Strategy & Insight team’s capabilities.
You will solve customer issues with data solutions that positively impact their business by building highly engaged relationships, crafting solutions that solve critical priorities, ensuring our offerings are understood and driving value, serving as a “first line of defense” for data-related topics and by collaborating with our other tech and engineering teams to resolve customer obstacles.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if you have…
- Good academic record and graduated (B.E/ B.Tech / M.E / M.Tech/ MBA)
- At least 15+years of experience industry experience, especially focused around data platforms.
- Experience in building platform components using Core Java, docker, design patterns and distributed programming.
- Technical leadership in design, implementation and support of large scale data and analytics solutions that are highly reliable, flexible, and scalable.
- Significant experience in building Big Data systems using technologies like Hadoop, Cassandra, Spark, Kafka etc.
- Extremely strong technical background with the capability of being hands-on if required and earn the respect and ability to mentor top individual technical talent.
- Good experience of working with globally distributed teams in a collaborative and productive manner. Excellent interpersonal skills, good with people, ability to negotiate.
- When you add the numbers, you will realize that this role will probably help influence the largest pool of customers anywhere in the world.
Bonus points if…
You have a deep interest and passion for technology. You love writing and owning codes and enjoy working with people who will keep challenging you at every stage. You have strong problem solving, analytic, decision- making and excellent communication with interpersonal skills. You are self-driven and motivated with the desire to work in a fast-paced, results-driven agile environment with varied responsibilities.
You’ll make an impact when you:
- Build, develop and guide high-performing talent for the platform team.
- Define a long-term talent strategy cutting across technology roles.
- Engage with leadership in SV (Sunnyvale) and BV (Bentonville) centers and set up strategy and priorities to evolve the platform
- Own and support delivery for all the features for the platform
- Create a collaborative environment across geography for delivering best services to the customers around the globe
- Manage budget plans, spend and tracking for your area of responsibility.
- The budget will be across headcount and 3rd party contractors.
- Promote and support company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity.
- Provide supervision, mentoring and development opportunities for associates who report into you.
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world’s largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We’ll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor of Science and 6 years’ experience in software engineering OR Master of Science and 3 years’ experience in software engineering
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 3 years’ experience in software engineering