- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements
- 7+ years of experience delivering cross functional projects
- 7+ years of experience in program or project management
- 7+ years of experience managing teams
- 7+ years of experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
- BS/BA degree
- 10+ years of experience in business, accounting, finance, consulting or similar field.
On the Business Partnership (BP) Team within Finance Operations (FinOps), you will find yourself working with exceptionally talented and determined people committed to driving financial improvement, scalability, and process excellence. To support the growth of various businesses at Amazon, our candidate must possess a strong passion for accountability, setting high standards, raising the bar, and driving results through constant focus on improving existing and future state operations, systems, and processes.
This role will be a key driver of critical improvement initiatives and regulatory compliance, adopting a programmatic approach to the continued development of the FinOps support model. This includes driving ownership of key deliverables across businesses, tech teams, and other stakeholders in order to implement scalable solutions. The role will use complex problem solving skills, manage multiple high visibility priorities, and maintain a keen attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with ambiguous situations.
The ideal candidate will be able to think big to create a long-term plan, but have exceptional tactical skills to drive day-to-day implementation. S/he will be able to learn quickly and be willing to experiment with new ideas.
- Drive program objectives – provide program management and define project plans, manage implementation activities, and develop processes, documentation and communications for program/process rollout and ongoing support.
- Scale services and tools – design processes and procedures that scale with the business’ growth in volume, complexity, and global geographic dispersion.
- Define key performance indicators – develop metrics and service level agreements for core programs and processes, and track delivery against program objectives.
- Communicate new/updated programs, policies, and processes to leaders, employees, and cross functional organizations.
- Collaborate and build relationships with system and business owners globally to ensure process excellence and the highest degree of controllership.
- Drive resolution of critical issues for vendors as well as support processes/systems deep dives to ensure root cause analysis and correction resulting in improved customer experience.
- Negotiate efficient and reliable processes and policies across partner teams to systematically eliminate dependencies and defects.
- Liaise with Financial Operations (FinOps) support centers to set near, medium, and long-term operational goals for improvements.
- Identifying and quantifying financial and operational risks and opportunities both internal to Finance Operations and to the business, driving ad-hoc projects as required.
- Work cross-organizationally and functionally to identify key opportunities in process, technical, and human interfaces and developing and implementing plans to capitalize on those opportunities and measure and monitor success and impacts.
- Program Management Experience
- MBA, PMP
- Experience in accounts payable, receivable, and other financial operations functions
- Green Belt or Black Belt in Lean Six Sigma
- 3+ years of experience in process improvement or operational excellence
- Experience in identifying and mitigating operational risk
- 3+ years of experience with data analytics tools
- Strong analytical acumen and being comfortable with drawing metric-based conclusions
- Proven ability to meet deadlines, prioritize quickly, organize team dynamics and deliver results with a strong track record of managing deliverables from multiple parties to meet challenging deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated in a fast-paced, often ambiguous and rapidly changing environment
- Exceptional communication skills and interpersonal skills; ability to present to senior leadership
- Ability to create a compelling business case in writing
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.