The Senior Manufacturing Engineer, Seat Structures will be responsible to create an improve manufacturing equipment and processes for structural automotive seat components in our newly created seat manufacturing facility.
With significant Automation systems design, build and commissioning experience, the Manufacturing Engineer will be a hands-on contributor in ensuring new production equipment immediately meets productivity requirements as well as developing new high intellectual property processes.
- Drive design for manufacturability
- Develop process sequence, establish critical process parameters and process recipe
- Development of mechanical assembly and inspection processes (machining, welding processes vision control, measurement gauge checking, fastener selection and torque assembly…etc.)
- Develop RFQ specifications for custom automation equipment
- Management of suppliers during specification, design, buyoff and installation of manufacturing equipment
- Characterization and validation of new equipment and fixtures for introduction to the production floor
- Performance of process analysis, DOE, PFMEA, line balancing and capacity modeling
- Collaboration with Controls Engineer to develop complex servo-controlled motion control and PLC driven systems
- BS/MS Mechanical, Manufacturing Engineering (or equivalent)
- 2+ years of experience as a hands-on mechanical automation equipment design engineer or manufacturing engineer working on electromechanical systems.
- Proven Experience in an Automotive or metal fabrication JIT environment
- Knowledgeable about welding production quality metrics
- Able to work under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills
- Well organized with meticulous attention to detail