Breakthroughs that change patients’ lives … At Pfizer we are a patient centric company, guided by our four values: courage, joy, equity and excellence. Our breakthrough culture lends itself to our dedication to transforming millions of lives.
The Hospital medical team within Pfizer UK is looking for a new team member who is passionate about ensuring medicines are used safely and effectively for the benefit of patients. Your background would ideally be a Medical Doctor or PhD with experience in a related therapy area such as anti-infectives, microbiology or intensive care. Within the wide portfolio of marketed medicines, we require therapeutic knowledge, and expertise. Additionally, for future portfolio expansion, we require someone who can identify ideas and opportunities to expand the portfolio for the hospital business unit. As a Senior Medical Affairs Adviser you will work extensively with external healthcare professionals and have the opportunity develop across the breadth of medical affairs in a large pharmaceutical company that is committed to developing and enhancing your career in pharmaceutical medicine.
To provide medical & scientific support to healthcare professionals and professional bodies through scientific communications and support for clinical research to facilitate a medical and scientific bridge between Pfizer and the healthcare community. To provide specialist medical, scientific and Code compliance advice to the nominated internal team(s) to support the appropriate use of Pfizer medicines and successful implementation of Pfizer’s initiatives and programs.
- To provide specialist medical and scientific advice to the nominated internal teams to support the appropriate use of Pfizer medicines and successful implementation of Pfizer’s initiatives and programs.
- To provide medical & scientific support to healthcare professionals and professional bodies through scientific communications and support for clinical research to facilitate a medical and scientific bridge between Pfizer and the healthcare community and academia.
- To liaise with healthcare professionals to effectively communicate and manage drug safety issues
- To build and develop enduring peer-to-peer relationships with leading healthcare professionals and specialists, including non-traditional customers and key decision makers.
- To understand customer insights around current standard of care and to support their knowledge of the value of our medicines to the NHS and patients
Data generation and publication
- To acquire and maintain in-depth scientific knowledge of Pfizer medicines within nominated therapy area(s) (including those in development) as well as of key competitors.
- To deliver the medical plan in relation to medical projects, Investigator Sponsored Research (ISR) and support for Pfizer sponsored clinical research
- To deliver other key medical and scientific activities within the medical plan, e.g. generation of real world evidence, non-interventional studies, database studies and registries (in collaboration with Health & Value colleagues) and ensure timely publication of data
Support for clinical development
- To provide medical/scientific input into protocol feasibility assessments for clinical trial proposals.
- To identify appropriate investigators / sites for Pfizer-sponsored clinical trials.
- To work together with clinical research colleagues and in collaboration with above-country and global BU colleagues to drive the timely completion of Pfizer-sponsored clinical trials
- To provide input into the global clinical teams to ensure design and selection of trials relevant to UK needs, leveraging customer and patient insights
- To support the effective implementation of approved compassionate use and named patient supply programs to ensure appropriate access to Pfizer medicines in response to HCP requests
Data communication and customer insights
- To provide high-quality, accurate, balanced and specific information to customers in response to unsolicited requests for information.
- To provide scientific insight and support to field- and head office based commercial colleagues.
- To work with the cross functional team in-country and above-country to develop impactful and compliant promotional and non-promotional materials of value to customers
- To review (and certify where applicable) promotional and non-promotional materials and activities within scope of the ABPI Code of Practice.
- To ensure customer intelligence is brought into the organisation to generate customer insights, shape future strategy and leverage business opportunities.
- To manage local advisory boards to gain customer insights
- If media-trained, to present the scientific perspective on selected topics during media-briefings
Cross functional medical and scientific support
- Support Health & Value in providing medical support for HTA dossiers and regional/local formularies
- Support Regulatory Affairs in responding to questions from regulatory agencies and implementing changes to product SPC, PIL and PI. Provide support for clinical overviews, core datasheet revisions, licence variations, batch specific variations and implementation of Risk Management Plans
- Provide support to Medical Information to facilitate the maintenance of an accurate, relevant and high quality database which would enable them to respond effectively to customer enquiries
- Provide scientific input to other departments (e.g. Policy & Public Affairs, Stakeholder Strategy, Communications, Customer Operations, Medical Quality Oversight, Pfizer Research and Development groups) on a project-by-project basis.
- To provide specialist ABPI Code compliance support to brand/therapy area teams and other departments on customer engagement & partnership activities (e.g. Digital Programs, Joint Working, Medical & Educational Goods & Services, Advisory Boards)
- To develop and maintain ongoing cross-functional working relationships with Pfizer colleagues within the in-country and global BU organisations
Required Skill Set
Fluency in Business English
Medical, Pharmacy or Science degree
- For medical applicants GMC registration with a Licence to Practice is preferred. Doctors registered outside the UK may be considered, for example if they have significant pharmaceutical industry experience and/or have worked in the UK National Health Service. A postgraduate degree (e.g. PhD) or evidence of relevant research experience or productivity is preferred.
- For pharmacy applicants UK registration is preferred. Pharmacists registered outside the UK may be considered, for example if they have significant pharmaceutical industry experience and/or have worked in the UK National Health Service. A postgraduate degree (e.g. PhD) or evidence of relevant research experience or productivity is preferred.
- For scientists a post graduate science degree (eg PhD, MSc) is preferred. Scientists without a post graduate degree may be considered, for example if they have significant pharmaceutical industry experience and/or significant experience within a related specialty (e.g. clinical research, medicines regulation, health technology assessment)
The core digital capabilities identified are as follows:
Capability to use digital technology provided by the organisation Confident and competent with digital compliance requirements Experience in using a range of digital platforms Basic understanding of core digital metrics used by the organisation Awareness and integration of digital channels to meet our customer needs
N.B digital technology refers to equipment/applications and digital platform refers to the software/hardware used to host applications/ exchange of information.
We aim to create a trusting, flexible workplace culture which encourages employees to achieve work life harmony, attracts talent and enables everyone to be their best working self. Let’s start the conversation!
We believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce is crucial to building a successful business. As an employer, Pfizer is committed to celebrating this, in all its forms – allowing for us to be as diverse as the patients and communities we serve. Together, we continue to build a culture that encourages, supports and empowers our employees.
Closing date 5th July – we are aiming to conduct short listed candidate interviews w/c 20th and/or 27th July via WebEx.
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.