As a Senior Position to Win/Cost Analyst, you will join the NGAS Strategic Decision Analysis team and be responsible for developing and executing analyses for the sector’s Position to Win (PTW) organization that result in increased probability of win for new business pursuits.
The position will be responsible for leading a high priority cost estimate of a new aircraft system, along with supporting PTW activities across a wide spectrum of business pursuits. The analyses will include life cycle cost modeling, geographic positioning, and system of system portfolio analyses against known and derived strategic and technical approaches of competitors.
This position will be responsible for corporate, sector, and division priority win projects critical to the company’s growth. This person will work independently to plan and lead activities such as funding analysis, top down analysis, and bottom up analysis. The individual will also support competitive assessment activities and design-to-cost target allocations. Analyses will include business trend analysis, rate predictions, and optimization of life cycle costing across multiple systems.
The Analyst will prepare, support, and present to high level executives within the company including Sector Executive Leadership and capture / program managers. This position will be recognized as a PTW subject matter expert and will assist the manager in advising analysts and managers in innovative modeling/analysis approaches and may also set standards as part of a community of practice across the corporation.
This position will lead projects to frame, develop and deliver analyses and recommendations to meet the sector’s long term strategic goals. These assessments will address whole life costing, comparison of competitor positioning, and opportunities for cost reduction through collaboration across the NGAS portfolio.
- Bachelor’s degree and 10 years of experience in cost-estimating, parametric analysis, government acquisitions, design-to-cost, OR Master’s degree and 8 years of experience
- Experience in aircraft cost estimating/analysis
- Experience managing multiple projects
- Customer relationship management with both internal and external customers solving complex project and analytical problems
- Aptitude for open-ended data mining and experience using data analytics to infer outcomes
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering and/or STEM or business related discipline (e.g. economics, cost engineering)
- Current and active DoD security clearance
- Understanding of corporate finance, pricing and contracts
- Experience with multiple platforms and domains within aerospace and defense industry
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.