Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Smart Power is a global technology leader, with solutions that make power supplies smart, connected and protected. Its intelligent solutions make power more competitive by improving the energy efficiency, productivity and reliability of almost any operation.
Manufacturing at ABB ranges from assembly of customized industrial robots to advanced production of electrical switches and breakers. The innovative products we make, drive the world’s largest ships, connect remote renewable power sources with consumers, and automate complex industrial processes.
This role reports to R&D (Research and Development) Competence Center Manager located at Senatobia, Mississippi. As a Senior Product Engineer, you will be entitled to execute engineering activities focused on optimizing production cost, quality and on time delivery of products, systems, and solutions. Serve as the main technical reference for the customer.
- Technical Planning: Ensures technical planning and implementation of new products through the coordination of multi functional teams of developers.
- Technical Specifications: Develops technical specifications based on the customer’s functional requirements.
- Proposal Support: Supports the project manager in the development of the proposal. Performs assigned tasks in a safe manner that will encourage others to exercise safety in their normal daily activities.
- Suppliers: Establishes contacts with suppliers for technical support, to improve material quality or to decrease costs and obtains prototype product and develops technical tests.
- Analysis: Implements electrical schemes through the analysis of new product projects, defines technical specifications and creates technical designs for electrical and control products and systems.
- Marketing Support: Supports the marketing department in the creation of new products and the customization of existing products.
- Technical Support: Establishes contacts with the factory and suppliers to provide technical support for electrical control products and systems which will help to resolve technical problems found during testing.
- Customer Relations: Establishes contacts with customer in order to define the technical feasibility of the new products.
- Must have bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in manufacturing, engineering or bachelor’s degree in Engineering with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in manufacturing, engineering or related setting.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that allows them to work for ABB in United States.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB’s career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [email protected] Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.