Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the future. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Honeywell’s Federal Manufacturing & Technologies business manages the U. S. Department of Energy’s Kansas City National Security Campus in Missouri and New Mexico, manufacturing sophisticated mechanical, electronic, and engineered-material components for our nation’s defense system. Honeywell is on the leading edge of supplying engineering and manufacturing expertise for our nation’s defense and national security. Visit kcnsc.doe.gov for more information about working for Honeywell at the Kansas City National Security Campus.
***This position will be located in Kansas City, MO***
- Leads moderately complex Program(s), Project(s), and/or strategic business process development/execution
- Acts as primary program manager and/or engineer for one or more specific weapons programs and/or reimbursable products/services
- Represents Program Management function for assigned program elements to internal and external stakeholders
- Evaluates, determines and drives program management activities to manage one or more moderate to significantly complex weapons program elements
- Provides expertise to review and drive execution of innovative solutions to technical issues
- Develops cost, scope, and schedule framework for projects and program elements; manages and intervenes as necessary to ensure delivery to cost, scope, and schedule agreements
- Provides primary support and guidance to the financial planning, monitoring, scheduling, and preparation and release of technical/schedule information required for program/project planning
- Leads multiple aspects of moderately complex financial planning, monitoring, reporting, scheduling, and communication required for program/project planning and control.
- Performs some technical, administrative, and logistical liaison roles with company, Department of Energy, design agencies, laboratories, integrated contractors and other government agencies for one or more weapons and growth programs
- May function as lead for one or more elements
- Defines and establishes production/project definitions, maintenance of schedules, and engineering releases associated with weapon or reimbursable programs as well as overall program alignment
- Coaches and Mentors project managers and other program support staff
- Conducts activities in a safe and healthy manner and works in accordance with established HS&E requirements to ensure the protection of employees, the public, and the environment Takes actions necessary to “stop” work when an unsafe condition or action is identified
You Must Have:
- U.S. Citizenship required in order to obtain and maintain US DOE “Q”-level security clearance with an SCI
- Five or more years of relevant experience in project planning, engineering of products or processes or contract management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering or 4 additional years of direct work experience in lieu of a degree.
- A broad knowledge of engineering and program processes and principles
- Ability to integrate complex engineering concepts and information with program management systems and processes
- Ability to provide technical and programmatic guidance, project management, consultative services, and innovative solutions
- Extensive knowledge of supply chain management, demand management, contract management, and financial Management
- Proficiency in MS office products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access)
- PMI certification preferred
- 6 SIX SIGMA certified
- Advanced degree in Engineering from ABET accredited institution
- Ability to work without supervision and to provide technical consultation and guidance.
- understanding in EVM techniques and processes
- Existing DOE Q clearance
JOB ID: req244560
Category: Business Management
Location: 14520 Botts Road,Kansas City,Missouri,64147,United States
- Must have or be eligible for a security clearance due to contractual requirements.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Other jobs you may like
At Exelon, we’ve got a place for you!
Join the nation’s leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Manage Information Technology projects consisting of cross-functional teams involving multiple IT disciplines and areas including contract resources. Responsible for managing the scope, schedule, budget for projects and programs. Leads project teams through strategic planning and business case development, funding approval process, initiation, execution and project closeout in accordance with IT Management Model, Nuclear project management procedures, and PMI standards. These projects have budgets that will typically range from $250K to $15 million.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Responsible for assisting with business case development and interfacing with both generation and BSC finance departments to obtain funding authorization approval.
Responsible and accountable for the overall project performance in the areas of scope, schedule and costs inside of the project management standards approved limits. Ensures project costs, schedule and scope are managed, including the development of a recovery plan (as required), to stay within approved limits.
Interface with IT and business stakeholders to coordinate project requirements.
Primary communicator with the sponsor and key stakeholders on project issues, including executive level and interdepartmental presentations.
Ensures a good working relationship between the project team, internal resources, vendors and interfacing organizations.
Coaches and leads team members to ensure completion of assigned tasks.
Ensures project team members understand their respective responsibilities.
Supports strategic planning and maintaining/creating long term asset.
Supports strategic planning and maintaining/creating long term asset management plans to secure future budget.
PMI Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) ®
Demonstrated and documented success at managing projects.
Demonstrated strong independent judgment skills
Demonstrated strong interpersonal and time management skills
Ability to travel up to 25%
PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) ® certification
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster
Other jobs you may like
At Abbott, it s all about providing an exceptional experience — for our clients, our construction partners and most importantly, our employees. Our team is made up of talented professionals who fully embrace the company s brand pillars of stewardship, collaboration and integrity. They are respectful, hardworking individuals who take pride in what they do and in helping others achieve their goals.
In addition, Abbott s size, combined with the versatile talents of our team, gives us the unique ability to adapt resources and approaches based on specific needs. This flexibility not only enables us to stand out from the crowd by being a responsive business partner who can quickly adjust to any situation, but also offer diverse and rewarding opportunities to our employees.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for leading a team and the projects assigned through all phases of construction in alignment with our core values of exceptional customer service.
- Lead a team from conceptual phase of a project to final completion and close out.
- Lead one or more teams simultaneously, in such a manner that both the customer and the company are successful, in terms that are clearly established on a job-by-job basis.
- Lead pre-construction efforts for potential and secured work.
- Set up the customer relationship so that the costs of safety are accepted, that the schedule will accommodate safe operations, and that the right subcontractors can be selected.
- Ensure projects are completed, inclusive of punchlist work, on or before the contract completion date.
- Ensure projects are built in accordance with the plans and specs that are approved by the Owner and Architect/Engineers.
- Responsible for steadily increasing the skills and competencies of project teams under their supervision in all aspects of their work.
- Responsible for clearly establishing customer expectations at the beginning of the relationship and insuring that these expectations are met or exceeded.
- Provide leadership, mentorship and management for their project teams in customer relationships, Abbott business development, estimating, pre-construction, project management, project execution, field operations and team building.
- Completely responsible for the success of the projects under their supervision and the relationship between Abbott and the customer.
- Coordinate with the Business Development Team and the PX Team to determine the estimate date, the type of estimate required, the form of estimate or proposal, and the final presentation of the estimate.
- Responsible for the execution of the projects assigned to them, which includes but is not limited to: setting project goals, ensuring timely buyout, submittal administration with all material being delivered on time, and attending weekly OAC meetings on a regular basis to ensure that construction is being executed in accordance with the project goals and within the Owner s and Abbott’s expectations.
- Strong negotiation and leadership skills for internal and external purposes.
- Ability and desire to motivate/inspire/develop entire project team.
- Understand accounting, financial statements, job cost, and cash flow.
- Must be able to pass a drug test and comply with our company vehicle safety program
- 4 year degree in a construction related major
- Minimum 10 years project management experience
Abbott offers a comprehensive benefits package including: medical, vision, dental, vacation & sick time, 401(k) with match and more.
Other jobs you may like
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (ACCOUNTABILITIES/RESPONSIBILITIES)
Responsible for the planning and execution of large and complex, product design change and development projects
Communicate project risks and progress succinctly and solicits support from leadership to deliver results
Able to create project plans with flexibility in approach and methodology; creates detailed project schedules, risk management and budget/forecasts
Manages project execution against schedule, revising as appropriate, to meet changing project needs and requirements
Influences team across functions while raising resource, capacity, and performance concerns. Participates in performance discussions and is sought after for feedback on talent
Able to navigate the organization and proactively create synergy across functions
Owns results – takes accountability for failures, has done the retrospective, understands and accepts why project didn’t deliver and has made the “learnings” of the past into new standard work
Manages all external relationships needed for project
Embraces ‘white space’ – takes responsibility for areas they are not directly responsible for. Give credit to others and takes blame on own shoulders
Contributes to the development of project management processes and standards with a continuous improvement mindset
Applies Danaher best practices and processes to manage projects
Mentors/Coaches Project Manager(s)
Other duties as assigned CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Ability to gain followership and drive results
Excellent facilitation skills. Ability to hold individuals attention, create excitement and hold all team members responsible for outcomes.
Positive attitude and ability to work closely with entire leadership team to drive change, continuous improvement, and engagement throughout the organization
The capacity to plan, organize, & complete projects on time. Excellent project management skills and ability to juggle multiple responsibilities and deadlines
Ability to lead teams and drive change in a matrix organization
Action oriented individual who is highly proactive at solving problems and obtaining results
True love of continuous improvement, measuring results and problem solving.
Team player who can work well across a global organization
Willingness to learn the complexities of working in a Diagnostic industry where compliance to regulation is a must
Minimum of 5 years Project Management experience in technical projects
Demonstrated experience leading project(s) from inception to completion
Experience contributing to the process improvements for product development and/or commercialized products design change processes
Strong Project Management expertise with focus on the cross-functional execution of project
Formal leadership experience
Medical device experience
Bachelor’s Degree required
Certification in Project Management preferred (PMP)
Experience with process excellence or a process excellent certification such as Green/Black Belt preferred
Must be able to travel up to 15% of the time; both domestic and international travel may be required.
Typical work-related travel assignments range 2-5 days, and as such overnight, out-of-town stays are required; dependent on project assignment target markets
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk, sit, stand, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; balance, stoop, bend, talk and hear.
Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, most work is in an office environment setting. Lighting and temperature are adequate. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The incumbent is expected to perform other duties necessary for the effective operation of the department or unit. This job description may be changed at any time.