Join the nation’s leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Senior Quantitative Engineer will employ quantitative methodologies and provide quantitative analysis to support engineering studies, plans, calculations, evaluations, design documents, integrated systems analysis, cost estimates, budgets, associated with the research, planning, design, operation, and maintenance of Exelon Utilities’ overall strategic plans and initiatives. The Senior Quantitative Engineer will develop and maintain quantitative analytical models and methodologies to identify trends and predict outcomes, effectively communicate and report on modeling methodologies and results. The person will be responsible of monitoring and responding to business needs by staying abreast of developments in the energy industry and provide analysis/reports to meet those needs.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Performs assignments in specialized areas requiring extensive quantitative analysis, research and engineering expertise.
- Performs tasks associated with critical or analytical engineering projects, develop and maintain quantitative analytical models and methodologies to identify trends and predict outcomes, provide explanations of the modeling and its results to management and senior leaders.
- Evaluates, develops, implements and supports strategic and engineering projects that have significant financial and operational impact by applying quantitative analysis.
- Participates in department planning, provide budget recommendations and monitor performance for the accomplishment of committed results.
- Performs assignments while acting independently and may lead multi-discipline teams.
- Serves as an expert in the quantitative engineering area.
- Provides recommendations and implements action plans to improve performance and cost effectiveness.
- Provides training and/or guidance to others.
- Participates in technical and industry societies and committees to enhance knowledge of new technologies or issues in areas of company interest.
- Influences project decisions having a significant impact on the company.
- Applies technical knowledge to help promote a safe work environment and to enhance customer satisfaction
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering Ability/experience analyzing and interpreting complex electrical and mechanical systems, and providing quantitative engineering analysis
- Knowledge and ability to apply problem solving approaches and engineering theory.
- Knowledge of engineering designs, principles and practices.
- Eight or more years of professional engineering or quantitative analyst experience (1) (3) (See Note).
- Thorough knowledge and experience in unique areas of engineering expertise.
- Detailed knowledge of applicable standards, codes methods, and practices unique to areas of expertise.
- Ability to apply advanced engineering principles to identify and resolve complex issues.
- Technical applications of complex subjects
- Develops and executes complex technical proposals
- Experience articulating business questions and using mathematical techniques to arrive at an answer using available data. Experience translating analysis results into business recommendations.
- Draw on knowledge of programming in MATLAB, Python, R, C++, SQL, VBA skills to develop and maintain the models that guide the company’s engineering activities.
- Minimum of two related career experiences (4) in quantitative and engineering discipline (i.e., changes in technical job responsibilities, which may or may not include a change in department) OR
- Member of a recognized industry committee
- Graduate degree (1) or Graduate level work in quantitative discipline (e.g., electrical engineering, industrial engineering, statistics, operations research, economics, computer science, data analytics, mathematics, physics, etc.).
- Strong teamwork, interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with all management levels.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated industry participation Demonstrated experience in complex multi-year research and analysis efforts
- Demonstrated experience to expand R&D background to practical solutions (in quantitative/engineering discipline)
- Professional Engineer’s License (2), advanced technical degree, MBA or Project Management Certification
(1) Master’s degree in Engineering or other quantitative fields reduces the OJT experience requirement by 1 year;
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster