Q2 Solutions is a leading clinical trial laboratory services organization with end-to-end laboratory services and secure, enterprise-wide biospecimen and consent management solutions. With a relentless focus on quality and innovation, Q2 Solutions uses its global experience and scientific expertise to transform science and data into actionable medical insights that help customers improve human health. A joint venture of IQVIA (formerly QuintilesIMS) and Quest Diagnostics, Q2 Solutions combines the best of each parent organization’s clinical trials laboratory services capabilities to fulfill its mission of treating each sample as if a life depends on it.
The Senior Scientist, Method Development, is a key scientific position in the organization, part of the team responsible for small molecule method development activities. Your primary goal will be to develop methods that seamlessly transfer to our method validation team. Critical skills required of this position include the ability to efficiently develop rugged, innovative LC-MS/MS methods, being logical with excellent troubleshooting skills, being self-directed and action-oriented, being creative and flexible, possessing excellent communication skills, and the ability to collaborate with colleagues and clients.
- Develop reliable LC-MS/MS methods, including extraction, chromatographic and mass spectrometric procedures for challenging and complex methods.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with clients, project management, and team members.
- Contribute to continuous improvement of the method development processes to ensure successful method hand-off and validation.
- Function as scientific resource, including training, assisting in troubleshooting, and participating in facility-wide scientific initiatives.
- Utilize laboratory equipment including micropipettes, automated extraction instrumentation, centrifuges, glassware, notebooks, etc.
- Develop awareness of new technologies and participate in evaluation processes.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Highly experienced in LC/MS theory and techniques.
- Advanced knowledge of chemistry involved in bioanalytical method development procedures.
- Ability to analyze method development data and make sound conclusions.
- Excellent attention to detail and communication skills.
- Ability to follow written and oral scientific directions, including Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ability to multitask and maintain an organized work area.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or a related field with 5 years’ experience including experience in LC/MS method development; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience in a bioanalytical laboratory environment.
- Use of personal protective equipment for extended periods
- Use of laboratory equipment, some procedures requiring repetitive motion
- Some extended periods of standing and sitting
Q2 Solutions is an equal opportunity employer.
IQVIA is an EEO Employer – Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at [email protected] to arrange for such an accommodation.
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.