- Bachelor (undergraduate) degree in a relevant field (Computer Science, Software Engineer, Security, or others) OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience with any combination of at least 3 technical disciplines, including the following: cyber-threat modeling, cloud security, network security, formal verification methods, application security, mobile security, identity and access management, network architecture, system administration, and systems engineering.
Come and build the future with us. Our mission is to keep AWS customers safe and secure by helping them to identify potential security issues or suspicious activities at never before seen scale.
Are you passionate about securing the cloud? Do you enjoy creating products and services that delight customers? Are you experienced with cyber-threat modeling and modern SOC processes? If so, then our team, Amazon Detective, has an exciting opportunity for you. We are looking for an experienced Senior Security Engineer to help us design new security services and features to support our customers.
Amazon Detective makes it easy to analyze, investigate, and quickly identify the root cause of potential security issues or suspicious activities. Amazon Detective automatically collects log data from your AWS resources and uses machine learning, statistical analysis, and graph theory to build a linked set of data that enables you to easily conduct faster and more efficient security investigations.
Security services are crucial for Amazon’s long-term success as a technology services company. It is the future of Amazon. We want you to be part of our team as we rapidly expand to meet our fast-growing needs.
We are looking for someone who can balance technical risks against business risks and consistently drive for the right results. You must have the passion for engineering solutions to complex security challenges, and recognize and fill gaps in capabilities. We value broad and deep technical knowledge, specifically in the fields of cyber-threat modeling, static analysis tools using formal verification methods (e.g. SMT solvers), log analysis, network security, forensics, security operations, incident response, and emergent security intelligence.
Job responsibilities include defining customer use cases and requirements, designing and prototyping security solutions, driving security value into software services, educating customers on product features and best practices, and educating stakeholders on best practices and standards. Successful candidates will be strong leaders who are well versed in threat analysis, modeling & detection and incident response & remediation practices. Additionally, successful candidates will be excellent communicators, have a history of successful collaboration with development teams, and be experienced prototyping security software solutions.
As a security engineer, you will:
- Identify and drive continuous feature improvements.
- Evaluate complex business and technical requirements, communicating inherent security risks and solutions to technical and non-technical business owners.
- Be a thought leader in cloud cyber-security, and collaborate with applied scientists and software development engineers on developing next generation of security solutions
- Apply secure development life-cycle (SDLC) practices including threat modeling and security testing
- Influence decision-makers and stakeholders throughout the organization in multiple teams to achieve a consistently high security bar
- Create security guidance and documentation for external customer consumption.
- Develop security tools and automation.
- Develop and deliver security training and outreach to AWS customers.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
- MS or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, MIS, Computer Engineering.
- Knowledge in security engineering, system and network security, security protocols, cryptography, and application security.
- Experience in partnering with product and program management teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- Experience building scalable solutions on AWS
- Familiarity with AWS services and environments with knowledge of existing AWS logs sources
- Familiarity with Jupyter notebooks and modern data analysis methods
- Familiarity with formal verification tools (e.g. SMT solvers) and their applications to cyber-security
- Experience with multiple programming languages (such as Java, C++, Ruby, Python, Perl) for both tool development and code review
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.