Security is a top customer concern for adopting cloud services. Microsoft is betting heavily on the Azure cloud platform but we will not be able to succeed unless it meets customer security needs. The Azure Global team engages in many innovative technical and business solutions to bring capabilities of intelligent cloud to Microsoft customers. If you are looking for a challenge and are passionate about protecting Microsoft and customers assets in the cloud, Azure Global Security team has the right role for you! We are looking for a Senior Program Manager to partner with a TPM team to define the vision and execute on a roadmap for core Azure services. The position is a highly visible one with significant responsibility and Cloud + AI division-wide scope. It is a great opportunity for anyone who loves security and wants to make an impact!
- Being a thought leader in the security space to incubate, implement and refine ideas that will elevate our security posture above our competitors.
- Define the security requirements and processes that will enable Azure to continue to improve its security posture.
- Identify and deliver strategies for mitigation of top service security-related gaps and risks to senior leadership
- Engage with partner teams to remediate security issues based on key findings.
- 7+ years of experience in technical program management and/or 4 years of security/cloud services experience
- Deep technical background in at least one security area like Identity and Access Management, Network security and Encryption, Datacenter Critical Environment and physical security.
- Experience with threat management, incident response, risk management and compliance.
- Experience in service engineering lifecycle and live site operation at internet scale.
- Knowledge and understanding of security risk and threat assessment methodologies.
- Strong communication skills to effectively deliver gaps and findings and negotiate prioritization.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent preferred.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.