The Dynamics 365 Connected Store team is looking for pioneers to transform the modern physical retail workplace. We use emerging technologies – including computer vision, IoT, and machine learning – to augment and improve the professional lives of retailers and their shoppers around the world. Intuitive experiences, built on an AI driven insights engine (on the edge and a highly scalable cloud service), will allow sensors to become the eyes and ears of the modern physical retail store, enabling retailers to enhance the shopper experiences, empower their floor associates and operate more effectively. Our mission is to bring the same data driven decision making to physical stores as is available for top of line online retail experiences. All this backed by a paramount focus on Shopper privacy.
We are currently looking for an experienced and passionate Senior Software Developer with experience in building high scale cloud services and help design and drive the backend systems. Your areas of responsibility will be building and maintaining the services and backend infrastructure, analyzing, managing, configuring, and administrating a hybrid edge and cloud system, while integrating it with existing devices and storage systems. The ideal candidate will have deep technical expertise and experience in high scale backend systems/cloud services and a proven record of defining and delivering customer value by building and leveraging these services. Knowledge of distributed systems is a plus.
- 5+ years of industry software development experience.
- Proficient in, at least, one modern programming language such as C#, PowerShell, or Python.
- Good understanding of system software including Linux and Windows OS.
- Good understanding of virtualization including experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes.
- Hands-on engineering experience with cloud technologies (Azure, AWS or GCP).
- Experience in software development for networking, real time media streaming and/or communication applications.
- Hands-on experience with TCP/IP stack protocols, distributed systems, asynchronous programming models.
- Familiarity with system and network troubleshooting tools and practices.
- Proven design and problem-solving skills, with a bias for quality and engineering excellence at scale.
- High enthusiasm, integrity, ingenuity, results-orientation, self-motivation, and resourcefulness in a fast-paced collaborative environment.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering field.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Great cross group collaboration skills.
- Hands-on experience with implementing the machine learning systems.
- Practitioner of the latest engineering methodologies, unit testing, Agile etc.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.