About the team
We are a team of 11 experienced and diverse front-end and back-end engineers who are passionate about building integrated transaction experiences and services which delight our users. We collaborate closely with engineers and architects across Zillow Group, as well as product and project managers and UX designers. You’ll work in a dynamic and agile development team, and we embrace continuous delivery and deployment. We think the best products and features are those that ship, and aren’t afraid to take risks and learn from it. We grow by doing so and so will you! Here is a brief selection of the technologies we use:
- ES6, Typescript, HTML5, CSS3, JSON, Webpack
- React, Next, Redux
- GraphQL, JSONAPI
- Restful APIs, Node, Java, Kotlin
- Docker, Kubernetes, AWS
About the role
We are looking for a talented and passionate Senior Front-End Engineer to join the transaction management dev team located in the heart of San Francisco. We continuously challenge ourselves by refining and pushing the limits of our innovative, scalable and reliable transaction management platform to enable real estate professionals and consumers to collaborate and get deals done. Our mission is to make Zillow 2.0 a reality – we are building the next generation real estate experience defined by seamless, integrated and enjoyable transaction experiences for home buyers and sellers to guide them through the transaction.
We are growing fast, so does our mission, and we need your help! If you are up for a challenge, don’t look any further! Are you (1) an experienced and passionate engineer (2) who loves to work with innovative front-end technology, (3) enjoys creating user experiences and products users love to use and (4) someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment in which we continuously iterate to create best-in-class experiences? We’d love to talk to you! This role will allow you to
- Support development efforts that are among the highest priorities for Zillow Group
- Pitch your product ideas and help shaping Zillow 2.0
- Create, enhance and maintain business-critical web applications
- Introduce and apply innovative front-end technologies
- Collaborate with product managers and UX designers
- See and own projects from conception to rollout
- Work closely with front-end developers who are also eager to learn from you
- Help us shape and optimize our development processes and practices
Who you are
- You have 6+ years professional experience with the front-end development
- You have strong hands-on experience writing enterprise-grade applications with React, Next or similar web libraries and frameworks
- You are an expert in designing and developing extensible, responsive web apps for desktop and mobile web
- You’ve experience in designing and integrating with web-service APIs
- You are familiar with the latest open source front-end tech, trends and standards
- You are a strong believer in best and efficient software development principles, continuous integration and continuous deployment
- You are passionate about writing clean, performant and well-tested code
- You have excellent debugging and profiling skills
- You are a self-starter and you love working self-driven in a dynamic team
- You love working creatively and solving challenging problems
Get to know us
Zillow Group houses the largest portfolio of real estate brands on mobile and the web. We are on a mission to rewire the real estate transaction and are building transformational tools and services that make it easier for everyone to find and get into a home they love. We are working to create an on-demand real estate transaction experience for every stage of the home lifecycle – for buyers, sellers, renters and borrowers – and we’re well on our way. No matter what job you’re in, you will play a critical role in making this vision a reality for millions of people.
At Zillow Group, we’re powered by our inclusive work culture, where everyone has the support and resources to do the best work of their careers. Our efforts to streamline the real estate transaction is supported by our passion to empower people and enrich lives around everything home, a deep-rooted culture of innovation, a fundamental commitment to Equity and Belonging, and world-class benefits. But, don’t just take our word for it. Read our reviews on Glassdoor and recent recognition from multiple organizations, including: Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For (#69), Fortune Best Workplaces for Diversity (#38), Fortune Best Workplaces for Parents (#31), Fortune Best Workplaces for Women (#20), Fatherly’s Best Workplaces for New Dads (#37), JUST Capital 100 Company (#69), Bloomberg Gender Equality Index constituent.
Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
See what information we collect about you.