Who we are: Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 286 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Job Description Summary: As part of the Global Professional Service Engineering organization, the Sr. Software Engineer, Quality will drive the technical leadership and vision to ensure the quality of our product portfolio. We are looking for an enthusiastic and passionate candidate to perform Full Stack application testing.
The successful candidate will be hands-on and collaborative. They will design innovative forward looking solutions and collaborate with the GPS engineering team and development teams across PayPal as required to learn and design solutions to meet business requirements. They will also use their strong communication skills to engage business partners and the technical community. He or she must be a role model, exhibiting exemplary professional and character traits consistent with the philosophy and values of the organization.
- Perform E2E test activities
- Design and perform test plans for testing system back-end components, ensuring product’s quality and coverage.
- Estimate, prioritize and plan testing activities
- Develop and maintain automated test suites
- Simulate E2E scenarios using various platforms & technologies
- Report on test progress and bugs found
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Ensure functional tests are compliant with company standards
- Share knowledge with other team members
- Team player, agile, flexible, multi-tasking, passion for learning new areas
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Excellent analytics, problem-solving and debugging skills
- Experience creating and maintaining automated tests using test frameworks like nemo, nightwatch, cucumber, appium etc
- Experience working with tools like Jira, Confluence etc
- Hands-on experience with Unix/Linux
- Master’s degree, or foreign equivalent, in Computer Science, Engineering or closely related quantitative discipline or Bachelor’s degree, or foreign equivalent, in Computer Science, Engineering, or closely related quantitative discipline
- Atleast 5 years of professional experience in manual & automation testing
We’re a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.