- Design creative solutions for desktop, web, & mobile applications using modern design methods in a variety of product development methodologies including Agile frameworks and Phase-Gate approaches
- Develop high level and detailed storyboards, wireframes, mock-ups, and prototypes to effectively communicate design concepts
- Collaborate with Product Management, and Engineering to understand and incorporate business and technical requirements in design strategies
- Collaborate with technical leads to negotiate design requirements and play an active role in design iterations
- Partner with User Researchers on user testing activities to understand design and usability issues and propose changes to solve them
- Manage large projects, overseeing the activities of other interaction and visual designers, and researchers, to ensure delivery of products that meet business objectives and delight customers.
- Be a strong driver of user centered design processes, ensuring that these processes are foundational to all the projects you oversee.
- Be able to balance user needs and business objectives as you develop products, possessing the acumen and flexibility to gain alignment with large teams, making adjustments when needed.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
- Masters in Human Computer Interaction, Industrial Design, Human Factors or other design-related field is preferred
- 10 + years of experience in Interaction Design with emphasis on desktop, web, and mobile product design
- Excellent knowledge of all aspects of user centered design process, methodology, and UI design best practices
- Excellent analytical ability, especially with regard to understanding user behavior and design theories
- Advanced experience with design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Invision, and the Adobe Creative Suite
- Demonstrated experience with turning customer insight into interaction designs
- A proven track record of working well with multi-disciplinary/multi-cultural teams
- Knowledge of the software development process and ability to communicate well with software development teams
- Ability to know when to leverage existing design patterns and when an innovative approach to a design problem is called for.
- Ability to embrace collaboration with all team members, including product, project, and development team members as well as UX colleagues.
- Background in scientific, healthcare, or enterprise B2B is a plus.
Listed responsibilities are an essential, but not exhaustive list, of the usual duties associated with the position. Changes to individual responsibilities may occur due to business needs.
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you require accommodation to complete the application or interview process, please contact [email protected] To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf