- BS/BA degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field.
- 5+ years of years of state and local indirect tax.
At Amazon, our vision is to be Earth’s most customer-centric company. Our passion for invention leads us to pioneer and globalize new businesses and customer solutions daily.
We are seeking a Senior Tax Analyst to be a member of our Global Tax Calculation Services Program.
The Global Tax Calculation Services Program is comprised of tax professionals and software engineers that are responsible for providing end-to-end global transaction tax calculation solutions (sales and use taxes, communication taxes, value-added taxes, good and services taxes, and other consumption taxes), to Amazon, and thousands of other merchants selling on Amazon marketplaces and other e-commerce platforms.
This position is focused primarily on tax engine integration solutions through Amazon’s software systems, though there may be opportunities for broader exposure to other tax projects.
Primary job duties include:
- Business integration into Amazon’s transaction tax calculation software.
- Actively participating in projects throughout their life-cycle – from design through delivery – with an emphasis on testing to ensure that projects conform to the business requirements and rules.
- Communicating with sellers, customers, and Customer Service regarding the calculation of transaction taxes.
- Providing subject matter expertise to various business and IT organizations including Business Development, Marketing, Legal, Customer Service, and various product groups.
If you are looking for a new challenge in a fast-paced, innovative company, come make history with Amazon’s Global Tax Calculation Services Program!
- Experience working in a large public accounting firm or multi-national corporate tax department.
- Experience on-boarding complex businesses to tax calculation services.
- Experience maintaining and operating transaction tax calculation software (e.g. Vertex).
- Ability to research indirect tax issues including taxability of products and services.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Bias for action and ability to prioritize.
- Very comfortable working in a fast-paced and continually changing environment.
- A team oriented, customer-centric attitude.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and manage changing priorities
- Highly organized, self-motivated and detail oriented.
- The ability to conceptualize and manage multiple projects.
- Project management experience.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.