- 5+ years’ of experience in tax, finance, or a related analytical field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- B/S in Accounting, Finance, Information Systems or related field
Amazon is a fast paced, dynamic, high-tech Company based in Seattle. We are seeking a Senior Tax Analyst to join our Global Tax Calculation Services team. The Global Tax Calculation Services Program is comprised of tax professionals and software engineers that are responsible for providing end-to-end global transaction tax calculation solutions (sales and use taxes, value-added taxes, good and services taxes, and other consumption taxes).
The Senior Tax Analyst will act as a Project/Product owner, who must be well versed in technologies and processes. The candidate will share ownership of our teams testing tools, gathering requirements, driving enhancements, and supporting project teams as they manage the ever expanding scope of indirect taxes.
Key to this position are the abilities to understand and articulate the end-to-end sales process, and associated tax requirements; leading projects through an implementation life-cycle. This role will manage projects, timelines and risks, and will consider the collateral impacts of projects across Amazon.
The right individual should have experience partnering with engineering teams, managing data transformation, and indirect tax and/or accounting skills.
The position additionally requires the capacity to work successfully in a team environment, build effective working relationships inside and outside of the group, while executing on critical process improvement and tax projects.
We are a fast growing team, so we’re looking for candidates who are eager and able to learn new content quickly, who are willing to go into unfamiliar territory, and who possess ironclad judgment and integrity around confidential information.
This job has the option to work out of either our Seattle or Virginia locations.
- 3+ years of experience supporting tax calculation or ERP implementation functions.
- Experience using BI tools such as Alteryx, Quicksight, or Tableau
- Experience leading cross functional projects.
- Working knowledge of indirect tax including sales and VAT.
- Project management experience preferred.
- Experience in maintaining and operating transaction tax calculation software, (e.g. Vertex).
- Proven track record in learning and applying new technologies.
- Experience building and maintaining relationships with business partners.
- Strong bias for action and ability to prioritize.
- Strong data analytical skills.
- Proven ability to work and deliver effectively in customer-focused, cross-functional teams.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working in a large multinational or a professional services firm.
- Experience working in environments with aggressive deadlines and production environments.
- Detail oriented, highly organized, decisive, and self-motivated.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.